The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » I miss Copperfield (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Darth Ewok
View Profile
Loyal user
Greeneville TN
228 Posts

Profile of Darth Ewok
He's prety much the king of our art, at least success-wise. I wish I could see him live but he dosent get to my little area of the USA too often. I loved his tv specials, and wish he's do more. my wife has never really seen his stuff, and all the tv magic she knows in blane and angel. is there any of his old specials around anywhere? I'd love to have some video to show her a true master of magic
my real name is Kevin Harrison

http://www.myspace.com/magicalclerk
Matt Ferro
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
128 Posts

Profile of Matt Ferro
He has come out with a DVD called "illusion". You can buy it on his site or from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001KN......mp;n=130

This is a compilation of some of his TV specials.

If you are a member of the SAM they have a library and I believe they have copies of all of his specials.

Matt Ferro
Don't practice till you can do it right, Practice till you can't do it wrong...
davidrowyn
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of davidrowyn
I don't think we've seen the last of Copperfield on television.

//
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
We in the UK haven't been privileged to see him on TV for over a decade! Smile Last year, when he took his show on tour, he came to Europe - including France, Belgium, and Germany, but not the UK, which was such a shame. He's still at the very top of the tree in my view.

Cheers

Chris
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
How long since his last TV special? I mean an original one, not like 15 Years of Magic that was mostly clips from previous shows. Maybe he doesn´t have the time now to produce a new TV show, with him touring all over the world for the whole year.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Tornado of fire was the last one...2001 or 2002...not sure

np
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
If you're jonesing to see him on TV, go to his live show!
POOF!
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
We do. But you cannot tape a live show. Smile
maylor
View Profile
Loyal user
england
231 Posts

Profile of maylor
Just do a search on Youtube, there's bundles of stuff on there!!
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
Yeah great stuff, but old stuff. When he did a TV special almost all of it consisted of new illusions.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Over the past couple of weeks I have been watching videos of his early specials back-to-back. There was a lot of neat stuff on his shows back then, but I was most impressed with his "Henning-esque" sense of wonder, and how much more family-friendly his shows were back then.

After watching the third or fourth special, I watched several newer clips on YouTube, and was appalled at his language and sexual innuendo in illusions such as "Voyeur" and "Thirteen". Even if he were to return to my area, there's no way I would take my eleven- and fourteen-year-old to see him.

It's a shame it has come to this.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
I guess it´s part of the normal progression of an artist. But I am with you on this one. The show used to be more family oriented in the beginning.

There´s this magic show in Las Vegas where they first show of the day is family oriented and the later one is for adults only. Unfortunately the name ecapes me.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I think Harry Anderson might do his shows like this.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27083 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2006-06-22 02:06, Darth Ewok wrote:
... I wish I could see him live but he dosent get to my little area of the USA too often. ...

His schedule is online at his site. See if you can plan a trip to coincide with his travels. Magic is much more live than what can be shown on TV. It's a theatrical experience.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » I miss Copperfield (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL