The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Single flash shooter question... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
Hi Folks,

I recently bought a single electronic flash gun and I'm having some problems with consistency.

About 50% of the time it works great and the other 50% the flash paper gets blown out of the tube but it has not ignited, so the effect becomes the production of small crumpled ball of paper.

Have any of you encountered problems like this and overcome them? If so I'd really like your advice.

I've tried more flash cotton, less flash cotton, more flash paper, less flash paper and even packing it tighter or looser, but no matter what the results still seem to turn out about 50/50.

HELP!!!!

...oops, forgot to say please. Smile
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
OK I've found the answer through trial, error and the loss of eyebrows!

In case anyone strikes the same problem, here is the solution - you only need the TINIEST piece of flash cotton and I mean really tiny. If you have just a bit too much flash cotton it will blow your flash paper out of the tube before igniting it.

OK good luck with it and watch those eyebrows!
:)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Single flash shooter question... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL