The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Masterpiece forgery? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Hey all,
I was wondering if anybody remembers a trick called Masterpiece Forgery. In the effect several well known works of art were shown...including a hideous drawing that is supposedly one that the magician did himself. The final drawing was the Mona Lisa and she was a fake because she was holding a card...in the end it turns out to be a selection. I have been looking for this and the closest I've come is Frank Zak's Blue Boy which is nowhere near as good. The Blue Boy uses Post Cards, which are too big, and doesn't have variety. Masterpiece Forgery used playing card sized plastic cards printed on both sides and was awesome. Does anybody know where I can find this?
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
This link just takes you to a page which lists a long series of effects and another hyperlink back to the hocus pocus main website homepage. not too helpful in this case.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Hocus-Pocus' site navigation isn't pretty but it works. He at least knows now where he can go to order it.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
No he can't. The link takes you back to the homepage of Hocus pocus. When you type into the search engine it comes up empty. That means the trick is unavailable from Hocus pocus as of now. So that's what I meant by an unhelpful link!
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Hocus pocus has discontinued their selling of the effect but thanks for the tip! I'll keep on searching!
Nosher
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Nosher
You used to be able to get this from Underground Custom magic. (http://www.ucmagic.com). Unfortunately the site appears to have gone bust and is now occupied by one of those tiresome redirect sites.

Not terribly helpful, I know. But perhaps it'll come in useful somehow...
Escapemaster-in-chief from all sorts of houdingplaces - Finnegans Wake
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2006-06-27 16:04, magicbern wrote:
No he can't. The link takes you back to the homepage of Hocus pocus. When you type into the search engine it comes up empty. That means the trick is unavailable from Hocus pocus as of now. So that's what I meant by an unhelpful link!

Actually, it takes you to a link of one of a kind and/or discontinued effects. None of them are in the search engine. If you want to order it you need to call the 800 number.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Has anyone an idea where I can find the inventor of the trick, Keith Merrill?

I produced a copy of this trick (changed two images, the value of the Card and so on) for a local magician who loved this trick but cannot get it anymore.

As I print directly on playing card stock it looks really nice and I would love to publish it for more magicians, but I want to ask Keith for permission.

Christian
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
Jason Purdy
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Jason Purdy
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2006, Card-Shark wrote:

I produced a copy of this trick (changed two images, the value of the Card and so on) for a local magician who loved this trick but cannot get it anymore.

As I print directly on playing card stock it looks really nice and I would love to publish it for more magicians, but I want to ask Keith for permission.

Christian

It looks like you did bring it to market. Did you ever get Keith Merrill's blessings?
Https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/card-m......-secret/
ekgdoc
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of ekgdoc
Quote:
On May 13, 2020, Jason Purdy wrote:
Did you ever get Keith Merrill's blessings?

Why do you care? Just curious since it is a curious post.

David M.
Armando Cheung
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Armando Cheung
Quote:
On May 13, 2020, Jason Purdy wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2006, Card-Shark wrote:

Christian

It looks like you did bring it to market. Did you ever get Keith Merrill's blessings?

He did, it is mentioned on the instruction
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Masterpiece forgery? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL