The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » What the... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
I use a TT silk vanish in kid's show all the time. As soon as it's done I look at all the kid's faces to see if any of them are staring directly at the TT. If they are I just smile and wink at them. That makes them feel like they're part of the show and in on your secrets. Usually that's enough to stop them yelling stuff out.
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2002-12-17 16:20, Whit Haydn wrote:
I wish thumbtips were $1000 each. Since they are commonly available, it is essential to improve our technique.

Thought I might recommend Sophie Ashton-Evans three tape video set The Rules of Thumb.

Excellent material and ideas from some of magics best minds.

Available from Kevin James.

$Right on Whit.

The Evans videos are being transfered to DVD and then Kevin will have them available.

Chris.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24263 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2002-12-12 10:31, StreetWalker wrote:
Look! What is up with exposers. I've been performing regularly for about 4 months now. And I am finding it harder and harder to impress people.

Recently I did a trick on an 8 year old and he looked at me and said "its in your fake thumb!" My jaw dropped.
Come to find out, they now sell magic sets (cheap but very revealling) in DOLLAR STORES!!!!!!!! What is up with this! GRRRR

Opinions on exposers? Smile Smile

If he caught you with it, it's because you don't know how to use it. Sorry, but YOU are the exposer, not the fellow who sells them at the Dollar store.

BTW, when I was a kid, it was Stuckey's that sold them, along with Kresses and Woolworths. It hasn't changed that month. Learn to use your fake thumb.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13401 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
The WGM DVD has some great TT stuff. There is one routine that is especially good that never uses the poke the silk in the hole method at all.

It's great.

Highly recommended.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
snipe1
View Profile
New user
Visalia, CA
8 Posts

Profile of snipe1
A very good friend of mine told me a long time ago that you must have excellent technique with a TT if you don't want to get caught. Because of the easy availability for "8 year olds" to get their hands on them, we must be diligent to be original. My friend told me that if you really wanted to develop good technique, try using a TT that was a different color. I told him that would never work and he proceeded to show me his black TT that I had never noticed. I started to use one as well and after about a month of practice, I have not been caught since.
"I used to have super powers, but my therapist took them away!"
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2002-12-12 11:15, KingStardog wrote:
Maby its just me but it seems like when you buy props, once you get out of the under $10 price range, the level of exposure drops very fast, as the price goes up. Once you get above $25 for an effect, not many folks will have been exposed to the secret. At higher prices $50-$100 and above not very many intermediate-semi pros know the secrets.
Of course it all depends on FOX now doesn't it?
Just an opinion.

That's a good point. I read a book by a guy who ran a magic shop who said that he had one customer who would <only> purchase effects $50 and over for exactly that reason. (Must be nice to be able to make purchasing decsisions like that!)

Henry Hay mentions that there was a dealer who used to use a TT with all the paint sanded off.

As far as the "ropes through body" are concerned, I remember seeing it with a coat hanger and coat in "Magic Digest" by George Anderson. After playing around with that for awhile, I got the idea that the coat could be <on> the spectator and make it an escape sort of trick. Did that for <years> and thought it was my own invention, then I see it in Mark Wilson's Complete Course of Magic! (So far, nobody seems to have caught me at it though!)
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » What the... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL