We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » International Magic Andy Nyman Lecture (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Gordon Fisher
View Profile
Regular user
Derby, England
193 Posts

Profile of Gordon Fisher
Ok...

you own the get nyman one so the international lecture might not be the best buy, I therefore suggested the bob cassidy mental miracles DVD because it has some very very good stuff on it!!!:-)

hope that helps
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
904 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Oh I see.
Thanks for the suggestion!
I have Mental Miracles too.
And without a doubt it has great material in it Smile
Celloboy
View Profile
Special user
London, England
531 Posts

Profile of Celloboy
If I don't own get Nyman would the International lecture be worth it? Or should I still go with Bob Cassidy
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
904 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Hi Celloboy,

Personally, I liked Mental Miracles more that Get Nyman. Bob Cassidy is one of the classics in mentalism.

But again, it depends on what your style is and what other DVDs, books you have.
I hope this does not defer from you original question!

Phil
Celloboy
View Profile
Special user
London, England
531 Posts

Profile of Celloboy
Thanks A lot Phil, that's really helpfull. I jsut wanted something new and I'd known of the Nyman lecture video for a while and am travelling to london tomorrow so thought I could pop into international magic and get it if it was worth the money!

Thanks to everyone that offered a point of view. Much appreciated.
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
904 Posts

Profile of Phil C
No problem.
But I'd make sure I have the Richard Osterlind, Banachek DVDs in my collection first Smile
Celloboy
View Profile
Special user
London, England
531 Posts

Profile of Celloboy
I have Banachek. I have a rather wide collection of Mentailst stuff. I was just unsure about this video. I am not a beginner, I ahve been doing mentailsm for quite a while now.
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
904 Posts

Profile of Phil C
I just watched the Get Nyman DVDs again.
The gag with Max Maven and Derren Brown is really funny haha Smile
Philosophry
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Philosophry
I haven't seen this particular Nyman DVD but I have seen Get Nyman, and read plenty of reviews of it. Here are my thoughts:

I bought Get Nyman and watched the performance DVD with a friend who isn't into performing magic but appreciates watching it. She was pretty underwhelmed - although the 'dancing deal' to Kylie Minogue was absolutely hilarious and raised good laugh. A few of the tricks were impressive, most weren't. Some of the effects, my friend managed to guess the method. Most of the ticks are not breathe-taking.

However,

I really enjoyed watching the DVDs and I still do. I have watched Bannachek PSI series and Derren Brown's Devil's Picture Book, while I was impressed with the DPB, I can honestly say I enjoyed watching Nyman's DVDs, so in that sense, I think it was money worth spent. If the International Magic Andy Nyman Lectureis as entertaining then I will probably buy it.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Where is the International magic andy nyman available?
Philosophry
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Philosophry
www.internationalmagic.com search for "Andy Nyman"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » International Magic Andy Nyman Lecture (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL