The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring vanishes from table -appears in shirt pocket? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Hi,

I know its most likely been invented before ; an effect where a ring vanishes and appears in the magicians shirt pocket. Can you name the effect?

I ask because I was tinkering the other day and came up with this:

Effect: A ring is borrowed; then placed on the table. The magician puts his palm partly over it so the ring can still be seen and identified. The magician slowly places his entire palm over the ring. His hand remains almost motionless...he turns over his hand and the ring is (surprise) gone! He pulls up his sleeve ...nothing there! He then asks the spectator to peer in his (the magician's) shirt pocket- the spectator does and sees his ring in the pocket. The magician hands the ring back to him.

No ring duplicates.

What do you think?
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
It's got me thinking about a David Roth effect with coins.
Yea, I like the idea. Smile
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Well? Is this original?

Someone get Bill Palmer in here! Smile
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Palmer? Why? Is there a cups and balls set involved? Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
I don't think it is "original" but an old handling from some coin routines. I don't have it handy, but I believe in J.B. Bobo's "Modern Coin Magic" there is a routine that is similar that involves a half dollar instead of a ring, but the coin vanishes from the hand instead of the table.
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
So where does that leave me??
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Dosen't leave you.. just keep on creating the magic community needs more McGyvers.
I would talk a little more about your steal or vanish this might be origional..
the godfather
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Vinny welcome to pm me! anything for the godfather..a favour now for a favour later.. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring vanishes from table -appears in shirt pocket? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL