The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Favourite Effect with a Memorized Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
phonic69
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of phonic69
Aronson's book "Try the Impossible" has plenty of good routines, they really are nice.

Some are dependant on his arrangement so if you haven't learnt the Aronson Stack then maybe pass it by, other than that, get stuck in!

Smile
JChristensen
View Profile
New user
St. Louis, MO
71 Posts

Profile of JChristensen
Past, Present and Future by Simon Aronson is the most impressive routine I perform by far. It has provoked the strongest reactions from spectators. The fortune telling theme of the trick accounts for all the actions necessary.
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Lake Worth FL
1022 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
I don't think anyone mentioned this effect yet, but Steve Ehler's 3-Card Location in Las Vegas Kharma was the effect that made me go out and memorize a stack. I got the serious willies when I first experienced this AMAZING effect!
Ed
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
As long as we are talking about memorized deck effect, could anyone describe here Darwin Ortiz´s Zen Master (the effect, not the secret.. not? Smile , seriously, just want to know the effect).

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
Pablo, do a search under my name and look for the 'scams & fantasies' thread. I posted a description of it then somebody else posted a more accurate one.
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
Thanks Adam, I will do that. Do you have Ortiz new book? Could it work for a beginner-medium cardician?

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Back in 1979, Supreme put out an interesting publication called, "Mnemodexterity", by L. De Bevere.

This was certainly an unusual memory routine. You showed 26 alphabet cards in alphabetical order, and gave them a shuffle. After showing they're now in random order, you have one of the letter cards selected, and the remaining 25 cards are cut off by divided among 3 other audience members, who shuffle their packets. The 3 spectators call out the letters in their piles.

After this, there are 5 interesting phases:

1) After listening to the called out letters, the performer recalls which letter was NOT said, and thus which card the first spectator selected.

2) The performer then recalls the sequence of cards held by each of the latter 3 spectators.

3) The deck having been reassembled, the performer is now able to give the position in the deck for any letter, and the letter in the deck for any position.

4) Remarking about "fingertip memory", the performer demonstrates this by immediately cutting to any letter called for.

5) To finish, the performer rapidly cuts to a series of cards, spelling "Thank You" (or any other word or short sentence, which can even be topical).
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
Pablo,

Yes, it can be done by a beginner. All you need is to be able to do some simple calculations and you must have the memorisation down pat.
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
Thanks Adam for your comment, because I was thinking of buying this book. As long as everybody were posting that Zen Master was a great effect, I felt that I have to get it. I think that I will buy Darwin´s book... now!!! Smile

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Favourite Effect with a Memorized Deck (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL