The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Four Elements. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magiker
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
283 Posts

Profile of magiker
Hi gang

I´m working on a routine at the moment re the above.

I wonder if anyone has any ideas on using the Earth Element.

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Magiker

Believe in the possibility of the impossible
petethecreeper
View Profile
New user
N. California
73 Posts

Profile of petethecreeper
In Eugene Burger's book, Strange Ceremonies, there is a close-up routine that involves the transformation of crystals and stones (an effect developed by Jay Inglee).

Check out Eugene's web site.

http://www.magicbeard.com
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
And what could be performed for the air element?
Yours,

Ivan
magiker
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
283 Posts

Profile of magiker
niva

A levitation or floating something Smile
Magiker

Believe in the possibility of the impossible
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Yes. It was so obvious!!
Stupid me. Smile
Yours,

Ivan
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
831 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
Do you want to have a separate effect for each element, or do you want to have the elements involved in each effect?

For example, I have one routine during which the guest chooses one of the elements - along with a tarot card - I give a reading, then strange things happen regarding the chosen element.

I also routinely do effects that require a representation of each of the elements for the effect to take place.

For further ideas on effects based on the elements you might want to check out
[outdated link]

Dave
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Hi ptbeast,
I went to that site, but is that Daemon Dirt safe?
Ivan
Yours,

Ivan
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
831 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
Ivan,
I have used Kymystical products, and have found them to be of reliable and effective, but I have never actually used Daemon Dirt. Knowing their products and reputation I would assume it is safe, but...
Anyone else used it?
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
In various mystical traditions, the four elements symbolise stages of the soul as it evolves, and transforms.

How about a single object, eg a cup of water, transforming into a block of ice, then the ice into fire, and the fire into the steam? This order's all wrong from a traditional point of view, but it seems more magical to me.

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
Mina
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto Canada
101 Posts

Profile of Mina
Hello Jello
Here is something to think about as well.
In some magical beliefs there are more than the four elements most people know..EARTH AIR WATER and FIRE. There is also a fifth.That element being the Spirit.

Quote:

How about a single object, eg a cup of water, transforming into a block of ice, then the ice into fire, and the fire into the steam? This order's all wrong from a traditional point of view, but it seems more magical to me.

Regards,

Caleb Strange.

The spirit is often symbolized by smoke or could be steam....like mentioned in the above routine idea.
Hope this helps.

See you around the Café
Mina
OMG Did someone say Richard Sanders!?
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
831 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
While on the subject, I thought that I would add another question. What are good items to use to symbolize the elements? One that I have used is small earthenware bowls that actually contain some dirt, water, nothing (air) and a floating candle for fire.

Other ideas?

Dave
limhanchung
View Profile
Veteran user
Malaysia
342 Posts

Profile of limhanchung
what audience is this routine for?
Wil Castor
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle
144 Posts

Profile of Wil Castor
Look into alter equipment used for ritual elemental magik. Air is often symbolised with either a wand or a feather... Water by a chalice or ornate goblet... Earth by a pentacle, athame, seasalt or sword... Fire by candel, smudge stick, inscence, or sword.
For more info on this I suggest Bucklands Complete Guide To Witchcraft as it is laid out for beginners, but is a great reference piece for things like this.

As for effects involving earth, maybe a penetration through stone similar to the matchbox penetration. Or maybe "new age spellbound" by Diamond Jim, like the good ol' spellbound but with a stone that turns from black to clear and back...

When you get the routine down let us hear it. Im curious as to what you will come up with.
thanks!
Smile
Pain is the craft entering into the apprentice.
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
831 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
Sorry to be throwing out so many questions, but the posts here have got me thinking about so many things....

I talked above about symbols that I have used to represent the elements. Each is contained in a small earthenware bowl. For fire, rather than a floating candle I would like it to appear that the bowl is full of fire. Does anyone know of a substance that I could use that would be safe, burn cool enough that the bowl would not become to hot to handle, and would make a nice flame? I am thinking ideally it would be a gel type substance. Sterno burns too hot. Other ideas?

Thanks again,

Dave
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
I will post an effect for you all which uses the four elements that I use in the "Inner Thoughts" section to avoid the merely curious.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
thiago
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
179 Posts

Profile of thiago
Theres a psychic I saw once changing leaves into crystals, maybe this is good for the earth effect.
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
Daemon Dirt uses two chemicals that are reasonably safe. Unfortunately it is not totally reliable.

Brother Shadow called it "Pazuzu" and attempted it for several years in succession at Tony Andruzzi's Invocational. It never did work. In fact, Carl still refers to effects that fail as having "Pazuzued."

Sid

Smile
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Four Elements. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL