The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Reel with at least an 8-12ft reach... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I'm looking for a reel with at least an 8 to 12 foot reach the longer, the better. I thought I'd post in here to see if it can be made; otherwise, if anyone can recommend a supplier, that would be helpful as well! It will need to be mountable...Basically, think of a Blammo box or Lions Bride that begins with a silk fluttering from the side wing of a stage or at the end of a dancing hank act... it instantly is transformed into my assistant...

Thank you,
Bryan Gilles
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Have you seen the rubber band powered cars made by the kids, it uses a pencil, rubberband and thread spool....I think NASA has some basic plans on one of their educational sites, but basically it will track across a room......the tighter you wind it, the faster/further it goes.
Kay
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
That's a cool idea... I should consider surgical rubber hose instead of a rubberband though, right? I'd hate for it to snap and ruin the effect...
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
I would play with it a bit and see what works best, you might end up using a mini bungee cord, or a couple of the fat rubber bands, even a loop cut form an inner tube though that is pretty stiff. It also depends what the weight of the thing you need to have on the pull. You can also have some fun with RC cars, those knobby tires will grab thread really well, they are pretty fast on the wind up if you catch my drift!
k
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Excellent idea...

It will only have to be strong enough to pull a 18"-24" silk... I figure this may look really cool as well as eliminate the use of pyro...

Bryan
camikesrd
View Profile
Regular user
Richmond,Virginia
103 Posts

Profile of camikesrd
Giamond Jim Tyler had one in his lecture you could make for $2.00. I think

it was in his lecture notes as well and in his one man Linking Ring parade.

I made one and it's cool ( clue ) .......Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Reel with at least an 8-12ft reach... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL