The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Superman Returns! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
The last statement sums it up nice. As I said in my post, his anger and hatred and need for revenge has been seething for at least fourty or fifty years now...when he finally does get to release it, his action is vicious beyond words.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Eric Buss
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Eric Buss
I saw it IMAX 3-D last night... Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
What parts were in 3D? I understand only 20 minutes of it were but which 20 minutes?

Best,

Tim
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Regarding Superman's IMAX 3-D...this movie was adjusted (electronically) from regular to the 3-D format.
Looks fantastic...but
just imagine how cool it will be when the intial digital photography and FX etc. will be specifically for 3-D aspects as Cameron, Lucas and many other producers are planning for, for their major releases....though rumors are that lots of older films (Star Wars etc.) will be prepped and reconfigured for a 3-D release as well.

Neato.

Supes 3-D was mostly the crashing plane near the open and a couple of other scenes.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
I certainly hope that there will be non-3D versions of the movies made as well otherwise I'll just have to give up going to the movies. I only have one working etye and all the various versions of 3D I've experienced so far are unwatchable as viewing them with one eye makes them either fuzzy or too dim to see. I can't see the real world in 3D so why would I want my movies that way either?
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Good point...you'll just have to keep your eye on the scene.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Marvel is currently making plans to make a Captain America movie. I hope they don't give it to the team that made "Superman Returns". I'm not sure a movie called, "Captain All That Stuff," would do well at the box office.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Captain Marvel was my favorite...

I had a draft of a screen play for Christopher Reeve to be in a Superman film in a wheelchair. A couple of major movie guys liked the idea.

Basically Reeve played Superman (using a few bits from earlier films when he was healthy) and is SEVERELY INJURED and winds up in a wheelchair. The basic plot was to SEARCH for a new person to take over his powers.

A candidate is found. Reeve, as the inujured S-MAN is placed into the "chamber" and the new man is about to be put in a "recieving chamber", but at the LAST SECOND it is found he is a BAD GUY, a son of Lex Luther... and a young kid from the Daily Planet pushes him out of the way, and falls into the "recieving chamber" and HE BECOMES THE NEW S MAN.

What do ya thinque? (too late tho, with the sad loss of Reeve).
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2324 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Quote:
On 2006-07-02 05:46, Scott Cram wrote:
A few questions:

1) How in the world does Lois survive getting impregnated by Superman? You'd think she'd be vaporized by the very act!

2) Assuming she somehow survives the first part, how does she survive Superbaby kicking? I'm thinking that within the first 3 or 4 kicks, the baby has performed its own caesarian.

3) Does this kid being fathered by Superman mean that the classic pure-as-the-driven-snow Superman has been tossed out, along with "the American way?"

Well , I will go with the other continuities that say Supes didn't develop powers until he's much older. Meaning, as a baby, that is all he is, a delicate baby.
Perhaps same could be said for the little Jason? I dunno, just a possibility.

Quote:
On 2006-07-02 13:42, Doug Higley wrote:
Regarding Superman's IMAX 3-D...this movie was adjusted (electronically) from regular to the 3-D format.
Looks fantastic...but
just imagine how cool it will be when the intial digital photography and FX etc. will be specifically for 3-D aspects as Cameron, Lucas and many other producers are planning for, for their major releases....though rumors are that lots of older films (Star Wars etc.) will be prepped and reconfigured for a 3-D release as well.

Neato.

Supes 3-D was mostly the crashing plane near the open and a couple of other scenes.

Just to let everyone in the Portland OR area, IMAX is not showing Superman Returns in 3D at that location.
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Quote:
On 2006-07-01 22:25, daffydoug wrote:

BTW, I heard that the Superman outfit alone had a price tag of over sixty grand. Geeesh!

I saw an interview of the costume designer for Superman. She said the suit costs around the same price as a Porsche Carrera.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27157 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Have folks read Moore's Miracleman yet?
Or his Supreme: The Return issue 4?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2324 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Quote:
On 2006-07-03 20:08, Sam Tabar wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-07-01 22:25, daffydoug wrote:

BTW, I heard that the Superman outfit alone had a price tag of over sixty grand. Geeesh!

I saw an interview of the costume designer for Superman. She said the suit costs around the same price as a Porsche Carrera.

According to the news, it looks like they made some of that money back bringing in $84 million since it opened. That is bigger than Batman Begins opening sales. Batman Begins and Superman Returns are my favorite superhero movies now.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2006-07-03 13:50, Scott Cram wrote:
Marvel is currently making plans to make a Captain America movie. I hope they don't give it to the team that made "Superman Returns". I'm not sure a movie called, "Captain All That Stuff," would do well at the box office.

Y'know, I understand the animosity towards the line, but when Supes said; "Truth, Justice and the American Way" back in '78, it not only got a laugh but had to be followed by Lois' "You're going to end up taking on every elected offical in Washington!"

Now, it's even more cynical than then. Smile
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
I've looked everywhere in my area and no one place carries the first Superman Movie...shucks!

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2324 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Quote:
On 2006-07-04 23:39, johnnymystic wrote:
I've looked everywhere in my area and no one place carries the first Superman Movie...shucks!

johnny

Walmart carries all of them. They have everything on Superman. And at about $5.50 at my local one.

Brian
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2006-07-03 14:57, Brian Proctor wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-07-02 05:46, Scott Cram wrote:
A few questions:

1) How in the world does Lois survive getting impregnated by Superman? You'd think she'd be vaporized by the very act!

2) Assuming she somehow survives the first part, how does she survive Superbaby kicking? I'm thinking that within the first 3 or 4 kicks, the baby has performed its own caesarian.

3) Does this kid being fathered by Superman mean that the classic pure-as-the-driven-snow Superman has been tossed out, along with "the American way?"

Well , I will go with the other continuities that say Supes didn't develop powers until he's much older. Meaning, as a baby, that is all he is, a delicate baby.
Perhaps same could be said for the little Jason? I dunno, just a possibility.

In the first movie, he picks up the Kent truck when it slips off the jack.

Quote:
On 2006-07-02 13:42, Doug Higley wrote:
Looks fantastic...but

Neato.

Just to let everyone in the Portland OR area, IMAX is not showing Superman Returns in 3D at that location.
[/quote]
Ain't life unkind?"
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2142 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Word is that many of the older Supey films will be undergoing the "Special Edition" treatment in the very near future. So for you folks who hate those cardboard snap cases, and want the possibility of some new special features, improved picture and sound, etc, you may want to wait it out a little bit.

I'll post more specific info as I find it.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com is a good place to get info like that. They keep pretty up-to-date.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27157 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Still no comments on "I hear everything" or his vists to their house?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1045 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Quote:
On 2006-07-06 12:17, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Still no comments on "I hear everything" or his vists to their house?

Would you explain? I'm trying to understand what you are getting at.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2006-07-02 10:22, daffydoug wrote:
The last statement sums it up nice. As I said in my post, his anger and hatred and need for revenge has been seething for at least fourty or fifty years now...when he finally does get to release it, his action is vicious beyond words.

Not certain where you're getting "fourty or fifty years" from. Presumbably it's only been a few years since the events of "Superman II."
Ain't life unkind?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Superman Returns! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL