The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » What's One Critter More Honey??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AragorntheMagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Metro-Atlanta
304 Posts

Profile of AragorntheMagician
Well, the clown I'm married to finally said "NO MORE!!!". In one of my routines my rabbit Harry becomes a Teddy Bear Hamster (same color) which becomes a gray Teddy Bear Hamster which becomes a gray Chinchilla that then Magically Transports across the Stage which than becomes a Dove which than becomes (I feel positivly Biblical...all these begats...lol) a SUN CONURE which than becomes a Bearded Dragon (same colorization as Conure) which than turns back into Harry......all in 60 seconds....Whew!!! She has stated "NO MORE ANIMALS, OF ANY TYPE WHATSOEVER!!!". Now here's my problem. At a recent party they also had a Petting Zoo. Have you ever seen a South American Pigmy Anteater. It's Awesome...I know Harry would love to be an Anteater. But how do I convince her and keep my face still on...well, my face. A good chance she would knock it into the next county if I even tried to bring it up. Oh Well. Any suggestions??
Also I use 8 critters of 6 different species for this routine. Any one else go crazy and use multiple animals (ie - what's the most that someone has used?). If so what types and how many at one time?

Yours,
Aragorn the Magician
aka: I used to be BOB (It's Cellini's fault)
"All Right, Who's Volunteering to be Turned into a Frog???"
www.aragornthemagician.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Aragorn,

Remember the famous quote? "Just who is going to clean up after all these animals?"

Will we see you at SEAM in Birmingham in August?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Fred Kirkland
View Profile
New user
Ga.
96 Posts

Profile of Fred Kirkland
Aragorn has a great show but if mom's not happy who is. I don't use live animals and love to see people who do use them. I think it's harder to do a show with out animals and I work harder to make up for not using animals with my type of show. I respect your choice but you need to make mom happy too some times mom's right.

Fred Kirkland
Fred K magic
Fred Kirkland family entertainer & magician
Astrid
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
63 Posts

Profile of Astrid
Sorry hun, but I've got to agree with Fred on this one... trust me when I say that I am an absolute animal lover (at my peak I had 7 animals of 4 species) and I would be the most likely person to say yes to any animal in my life. However if Mama ain't happy... ain't nobody happy. A compromise might be in order this time.
Smoke & Mirrors
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Smoke & Mirrors
Quote:
On 2006-06-29 22:16, Fred Kirkland wrote:
I think it's harder to do a show with out animals...
Fred Kirkland
Fred K magic

Harder? No way. Do you know what kind of care and maintenance goes into using animals?
It might be harder for you to figure out a grand finale, or it might be harder for you to get little girls to pet you instead. But it is NO EASY thing to take care of animals if you do it right.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Smoke & Mirrors,

No doubt that caring for animals is a 24/7 responsibility. Other props can be kept in the attic until showtime.

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Fred Kirkland
View Profile
New user
Ga.
96 Posts

Profile of Fred Kirkland
Smoke & mirrows,

Yes you are right on animal care and I loved all my animals friends after putting my last one down it's been hard for me sorry I forgot to say that. After 29 years of shows it's not hard for me to have a great finale but never had a girl to pet me yet but lots of hugs and thanking me plus asking me if I could stay longer it's great and I love it. Oh I do know Aragorn and his family animals and all they are great people and she rules.
Have a great & magical Day.
Fred K Magic
Smoke & Mirrors
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Smoke & Mirrors
Quote:
On 2006-07-01 01:02, Fred Kirkland wrote:
but never had a girl to pet me yet
Fred K Magic

Man, you must be doing something wrong!
:)
Fred Kirkland
View Profile
New user
Ga.
96 Posts

Profile of Fred Kirkland
Smoke & Mirrirs your right I must be doing it wrong.
Thanks Fred K Magic
fredkirkland @msn.com
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
563 Posts

Profile of fccfp
Having a live animal in the act makes everything more complicated. Forget about all the care and maintenance that goes on at home. Just think about what happens when it's time to do a show. You can't just throw the carry case, cage, or whatever in the trunk of the car or toss it in the back of the truck. It must be placed carefully where it won't get banged or bumped. Also, you must make sure it does not slide around while you are moving, has adequate ventilation and does not overheat.

Then there is the set up at the show. Loading a living thing is not like stuffing some silks into a sq circle. It must be placed gently, with care, so that it does not come out prematurely or hurt itself. After the show the animal must be put back into whatever you're transporting it in and placed carefully back in the truck.

Like having kids, your freedom is curtailed. For example, you just did a show on a hot day; you're driving along and decide to stop for a bite. How long can that animal stay in the car or truck, even with the windows open, before it is cooked? Answer: not very!!

How about checking into a hotel? Can you be sure your "production item" will be quiet, particularly at night? How about cleaning up after it? I have just one dove & I really don't want to share a room with it. The dove keeps late hours, is up early, and likes to laugh. Those of you with doves know what I mean.

There is probably more that I am not even touching on, but you get the idea.
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » What's One Critter More Honey??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL