The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » In Flight - David Regal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
If I was going to perform a tossed out deck I wanted this criteria:

1. I could easily have an audience member handle the deck and upon a cursory glance, verify that the deck is normal and that all cards are different.

2. I could then have same audience member freely shuffle the same deck in any manner.

3. I could then openly secure deck with rubber bands and with no switch proceed with the routine.

4. Finally....that the whole thing would be made so easy to accomplish that I could concentrate on performance.

"In Flight" does all of the above.

A rare and pretty much perfect thing.... perform for groups of twelve or more. Other TOD versions that I have investigated have their strengths and weaknesses. "In Flight" offers you and your audience complete conviction that you are about to perform the impossible...and then you do.

Very happy with this.

David Regal...... hats off.
sleightofhand1
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of sleightofhand1
Wow maybe this is the killer one to do
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
The T.O.D. demands an audience situation. The Regal version does all of the above.

Decide for yourself my friend!

Check it out at:

http://www.davidregal.com/

demo clip here:

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:Thu0......t=safari
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
(scroll down to get the demo)
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of learachel
Can use it with more than 3 peoples?
Thank you

Simon
Belgium
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
In Flight requires that 3 people look at and remember their card from the tossed out deck. The three cads are named by the performer at the end of the routine.
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of learachel
I understand that! but you can do with more than 3 peoples?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Learachel

David's script and routine are well crafted and tight, it is designed for 3 people, but the effect can be done for as many as you wish, but more people does not mean it is a better effect. I have done the effect with as many as 7 selected cards.

Tony

Tony
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Hi oombob:This thread got expanded horizontally,I believe because of the extra long link,making it difficult to read the posts.
You can go to:

TinyURL.com

and easily compress long url's.This will eliminate this problem.See below. Smile

http://tinyurl.com/ez6vq

Rich
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

I just received mine, and am very happy with it. David's improvements are different than I had thought they were - he's done something very clever with the cards. I'm still not sure if I have enough guts to let a spectator look the cards over and shuffle them; I guess I'll have to just try it out to see what happens.

Even if you don't let the spectators look the deck over, it's nice to be able to show the deck as all different cards. And, David's script is nice and tight like usual for him. I have Wayne Dobson's DVD and booklet on the TOD, and am glad to see David included Wayne's ending designed to give you much more applause.

This is very good! I might get Cody Fisher's TOD just to research this from all different perspectives.

Ron
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
Quote:
On 2006-10-11 08:32, PaleoMagi wrote:
Hi oombob:This thread got expanded horizontally,I believe because of the extra long link,making it difficult to read the posts.
You can go to:

TinyURL.com

and easily compress long url's.This will eliminate this problem.See below. Smile

http://tinyurl.com/ez6vq

Rich

Thanks man.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Ron's post has me curious. How many who own In Flight, let the spectator shuffle the deck?

Thanks

Candini
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I do if there is a surface they can use to shuffle. I do not during walk-around where they would shuffle in the hands. I don't want to turn the effect into 52-pickup.

Tony
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
I like to have the deck shuffled. We all have our different philosophies, but for me that's a nice element.

Tony, I completely understand your point of view regarding walk-around. What I'll say in that environment, while they look through the deck, is "and if you want to shuffle the cards, feel free..." I've found that those who cannot shuffle are reticent to shuffle, and will opt not to. Giving a spectator the option allows him to demur, yet communicates to the audience that the deck is being freely handled and examined, and the order of the cards is not a concern.
Skitch
View Profile
Veteran user
Philadelphia
400 Posts

Profile of Skitch
Can this be used for one spectator only if need be?
§kitch
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2006-10-13 14:18, David Regal wrote:
I like to have the deck shuffled. We all have our different philosophies, but for me that's a nice element.

Tony, I completely understand your point of view regarding walk-around. What I'll say in that environment, while they look through the deck, is "and if you want to shuffle the cards, feel free..." I've found that those who cannot shuffle are reticent to shuffle, and will opt not to. Giving a spectator the option allows him to demur, yet communicates to the audience that the deck is being freely handled and examined, and the order of the cards is not a concern.

Oh this is good David. Very nice, you are really a mentalist aren't you? Smile

I got this ordered.

Candini
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2006-10-14 13:17, Skitch wrote:
Can this be used for one spectator only if need be?

Skitch,

I use my Sven for one person. Strong reaction also. For TOD, you need to have some distance though. So you can toss it to them. Justifys the bands. Otherwise a riffle/stop f***e. I would say NO to In Flight or Hoy type deck though.

Candini
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
Quote:
On 2006-10-11 01:45, learachel wrote:
I understand that! but you can do with more than 3 peoples?

I think anything beyond three card predictions in a tossed out deck routine would be overkill. I don't believe you can do more than three with "In Flight".... but I think that's a good thing.
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
Different people have different philosophies regarding how many cards to call out in a performance of the Tossed Out Deck, but three has a nice rhythm. From a technical standpoint, the genius of the basic Tossed Out Deck principle, a common feature to most methods, allows any number of people to stand, thinking of their mentally-selected cards.
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
Yes! ...when I said I "didn't think" you could do more than three card predictions (with "In Flight").... I "didn't think" hard enough ....any number of people / predictions are potentially possible.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » In Flight - David Regal (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL