The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Card software (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dennisspeaks
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of dennisspeaks
Anyone know where I can get computer softward to print my own playing cards of difference sizes and also looking for sources for extra large playing cards. thanks.
phil in KC
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of phil in KC
Hi, Dennis! I don't know of any software for specifically printing playing cards, but I've used MS Word to print out specialty cards many times. It shouldn't be too hard to mock up playing cards using the special characters available in Word. Alternatively, you could get images off the web or scan in the cards -- either way, you could shrink or enlarge the images as needed to get the size cards you need. Hope these ideas help!

-Phil in KC
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 8:57am
Hi, again, Dennis! Just a thought on extra large playing cards. I'm not sure what size you want, but I frequently see "jumbo" cards at dollar stores. These are about 5"x7". The cardboard stock isn't great, so I doubt they'll hold up for long, but I've seen several magicians use these cards in performance from the stage.

-Phil in KC
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
The folks at Plaincards have software to make cards- as well as blank card stock in sheets. I am not certain, as I have not done so with mine at home, but I think the images can be enlarged, you would have to adjust the layout for printing.
k
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
cardsharpist
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of cardsharpist
Plaincards? Never heard of them. Do they have a website?
jdbach
View Profile
Regular user
United States
174 Posts

Profile of jdbach
Hello Dennis,
This subject has been addressed on the Café. Here is the DVD that you must have. It covers everything that you will encounter in printing your own gaffs.
Mark Allen's "Versatile Monte and Beyond" Mark shares a wealth of knownwledge on this subject.
Have fun.

Joe
trickiewillie
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia
128 Posts

Profile of trickiewillie
The other day at Spencer Gifts (a store in many malls) I found decks of really giant cards -- about 8 by 11 inches.
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
They do have a website http://www.plaincards.com/

Gil Scott
darkhawk
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of darkhawk
I love this idea I have started with card splitting but printing a new gaff would be great, heck even printing a cool skull ace or something like that
I was thinking about printing off stickers and covering a playing card, maybe a thin one would transfer the texture thru it. only an idea
pease
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
There used to be rub-on transfers of card pips, numbers, letters etc, but I haven't seen these in a long time, anyone know if these are still available?
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I scan cards into MS Picture It and crop the image close to the edges of the card. I resize it, if necessary, print them, trim them close to the intended size, glue the card stock back to back with Elmer's Spray Adhesive and cut them to the exact size using a paper trimmer. I then use a corner rounder to take care of the corners, if I'm working with jumbos. I use fingernail clippers on the corners of poker cards.
JoeHohman
View Profile
Special user
Erie
706 Posts

Profile of JoeHohman
Alan Munro,

What kind of card stock do you use? Will your gaffe end up being the same thickness as a regular card, or the same thickness of two cards glued back-to-back?
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2007-02-20 12:53, JoeHohman wrote:
Alan Munro,

What kind of card stock do you use? Will your gaffe end up being the same thickness as a regular card, or the same thickness of two cards glued back-to-back?

I use 110 lb. card stock and glue it back to back with Elmer's Spray Adhesive. Be sure to line up the two sides along one edge, before bringing them together - the halves can't be pulled apart without damaging them.

If you merely want cards that can be identified in an auditorium, get the El Duco Anglo Cards. They're twice the size of a poker card, making them somewhat easy to hand, yet the indices are HUGE!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Card software (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL