The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Portable nail beds? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dennisspeaks
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of dennisspeaks
Are there portable nail beds that you can buy?
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Hi, Dennis!

Welcome to the Café! I infer from your posts, that you're putting together a new show, and I'm guessing it's to be inspirational in nature. Good Luck!

May I ask your experience in stunt performance?

As far as I know, the most portable BON is the one I take everywhere. It weighs about 65 pounds. In performance position, it's 6 feet long and 16 inches wide.

The only way to get one, would be to have it specially made. BONs just aren't something that you can find in stores.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
dennisspeaks
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of dennisspeaks
Hi Harley,

I am always working at making my performances innovative and creative and yes it will be inspirational in nature. Weight is always an issue as I have a bad back.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Hi Dennis,

Now you got me very curious. I'm in pretty darn good shape myself, and even then I do my best to ELIMINATE any bits and pieces that might tend to cause long term injury, not to mention outright injury from the start. It still happens (bruising, the occasional cracked rib, and so on...), but not for lack of trying that's for sure.

With all that in mind, I don't think I would attempt such stunts with a pre-existing bad back. And never mind trying to get insured!

So what gives? How is it you are determined to go into this even with your physical setbacks? Certainly you could stay busy without all the pain and suffering, right? Right?....
dennisspeaks
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of dennisspeaks
Hi Chance,

If I bought one it would be used only in my city where I have help, definitly wouldn't take it on the road. I got rid of my Fender PA system just for that reason and got the world's smallest PA system about the size of a shoe box. NOTHING is worth physical injury.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Red Stuart has plans for a folding BON. It involves piano hinges and 3 or 4 folding board parts. Unfortunately he is not cyber savvy so you can't get his plans (when I say plans, I mean building plans) online. Harley's right, you must make your own, you really can't buy a bed of nails unless some performer out there is done with his.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
glatner
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of glatner
I made on by putting the appropriate amount of nails, (i Use around four per square inch) into two 3x3 feet long boards, and then putting velcro inbetween. It works fine for me.
erikkloeker
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, Ohio
203 Posts

Profile of erikkloeker
Ahh.... but he does have a myspace now, did you have anything to do with that Nippulini?
Quote:
On 2006-07-01 09:37, thegreatnippulini wrote:
Red Stuart has plans for a folding BON. It involves piano hinges and 3 or 4 folding board parts. Unfortunately he is not cyber savvy so you can't get his plans (when I say plans, I mean building plans) online. Harley's right, you must make your own, you really can't buy a bed of nails unless some performer out there is done with his.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Harley has the finest folder bed I have ever seen,,,he is the brain to pick.
Ken
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Portable nail beds? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL