The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » "Jumbo" CD's (laser Discs) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WizardB
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of WizardB
Hi. Does anyone k now where I could purchase some old (and preferebly blank) Jumbo laser dics for cd manipulation? I have searched ebay to no avail. Where does one acquire such a disk?
Thanks
WizardB
the conjurer
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of the conjurer
Try video rental stores. Not BlockBuster oy Hollywood Video or other chains, they will not carry them. But privately owned video stores that have been around a while could have them. Since laser players are rare, they will be hard to fid, but you will find them out there. A store I go to has a collection of laser discs.

Also do a "web search" for laser disc movie titles on Yahoo or Google. You will probably find plenty of dealers who have old movie titles on laser disc.

Hope this helps.

Best of Luck,

The Conjurer
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of wally
Look on ebay for laser disc
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
For a great rountine with these jumbo discs (aka laser discs), be sure to check out Adrian Man's LAser Everywhere Vol 1 - set for general release in December.
Here's the trailer link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCUtAO1Xu00

As for the purchase of the laser discs, I asked Adrian where he got them and he also replied from old second-hand music stores or flea markets which have discarded lasers from someone's old collection.
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
MagicBern, Could they be sold to go with Laser Anywhere like the parasols were put out with Parasol Anywhere? They're hard to find and people are going to want to buy them so it would be a good idea to sell them if you can.
Paul
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Actually Paul, I'm not involved with the production; just know Adrian and got a pre-release copy of the discs. You will be able to purchase a set of 30 specially-altered regular CDs for the manipulations. However, due to the scarcity of laser discs, I don't know if it would be possible. I know that they're actively pursuing the possiblity and I'll let you know as soon as I get any information.

However, the double DVD set is really amazing and very well-produced and taught! They do fill a need in the CD manipulation market thus far and are worthy of consideration.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » "Jumbo" CD's (laser Discs) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL