We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Close up pad (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
triXter9669
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of triXter9669
I am looking for a high quality close up pad. I know that Dean Dill has a nice line out but does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks.
jalal12321
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of jalal12321
I got mine from penguin and it is great I would recommend that but its my 1st one so I havent tried any others
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
I got it from the magic warehouse which I thinked at the price of $10. Yes, it's durable and I am still using it till today.

I am not sure about Dean Dill ones, perhaps you can check out for more here. Smile

Cheers,
Andrew

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2085 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
I got one from penguin as well, and it is very good.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
theEpiphany
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of theEpiphany
http://www.pmsmagic.com/directory.htm

Pattrick makes some of the best pads I've ever seen. No peeling, flaking, bubbling etc. I own 4 of varying sizes.. High quality stuff...
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4358 Posts

Profile of rannie
Pattrick also has great service. He is a member in the Café. This is my fav close up pad.

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
triXter9669
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of triXter9669
Hey thanks a bunch guys I'm going to check out Pattricks. If anyone else would like to add to this, please do.

Thanks.
triXter9669
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of triXter9669
Actually I have a quick question. I cannot seem to find any "products" on Pattricks web page. Any suggestions?
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2006-07-01 20:09, triXter9669 wrote:
Actually I have a quick question. I cannot seem to find any "products" on Pattricks web page. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem. There is a picture of him holding a card regarding his products but the link is not active and I can find no other way in to view his products.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Kent Kingery
View Profile
New user
San Antonio, TX
16 Posts

Profile of Kent Kingery
Quote:
On 2006-06-30 19:08, triXter9669 wrote:
I am looking for a high quality close up pad. I know that Dean Dill has a nice line out but does anyone have any other suggestions?

I've been using the Don Alan Pro Pad for quite a number of years. Jeff Busby used to manufacture them, but I'm not sure if they're still available. The pad is made of very high quality baize over a foam insert (11" x 15"), and I liked it so much I bought two additional pads as a hedge against ruining one. The pad is so well made that the other two are still safely tucked away in the magic cabinet. I carry the pad in my close up case in a variety of folded, rolled, and crammed positions, and it always comes out looking great.

If you want more details or some pictures, let me know.

Kent
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Penguin. The price is good and the quality is also good - so you can get a few color pads (green, blue, red, black) to go with your mood/ presentation.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
oso2you
View Profile
Regular user
Oregon
128 Posts

Profile of oso2you
Make your own: Go to the yardage store and buy pieces of hard felt(they usually come in about (9"x11" sizes or thereabouts). Buy some velvet material in whatever color you want, mine is green. Glue one piece of felt on top of another for stiffness and spray with adhesive and put on the velvet. Tuck the edges under about 2" on the bottom and glue with fabric glue.

You can make your pad any size that suits you and any color too. It's pretty easy.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2085 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Quote:
On 2006-07-01 22:49, evolve629 wrote:
Penguin. The price is good and the quality is also good - so you can get a few color pads (green, blue, red, black) to go with your mood/ presentation.

And they are HUGE. I love them. I got a dark navy blue one.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
mrnavyblue
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of mrnavyblue
Close up pads are bloody expensive!

you know another cheap option?

Mouse mats!

aye mouse mats, near enough the same material and about what 90% cheaper? heh
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2085 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
I tried mouse pads, but they are too slick and do not have enough "fluff/fuzz" to them for friction. As I said I love the one that Penguin sells, and apparently so does everyone else, as they are sold out most of the time. A mouse pad just does not cut it as a replacement, because they were made for a mouse. Close-up pads were made for magic.
dragonchaos91
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of dragonchaos91
I recently purchased one from themagicwarehouse and I have gotten one from penguin. The one I got from the warehouse is a hard backed one and foldable. Its actually quite nice but the felt is not as soft, as in it doesn't have as much give as the penguin mats (which is what I was used to). The penguin mats are nice,cheap,and they usually last for quite a while.
StevenKidwell
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of StevenKidwell
In my opinion the Apollo Close up pad by Sterling is best close up pad out there. I love it. These mats are the perfect working surface to perform or practice. These were the first commercially produced pads for the magic industry. They will not tear, or permanently crease. They come in various colors and sizes.

Steve
TheGiz
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of TheGiz
I built mine. I wanted a bigger one than any I could by. It doesn't roll up, but I don't find that necessary.
http://blackbeltmagician.com

"And it's a good thing I only use my power for good!!!"
wayno
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
323 Posts

Profile of wayno
I use a Professional size (not professinally priced) mat from Vincenzo di Fatta. They're priced very nicely. They also come in standard size.

I used to use the Bazar de Magia mats. They're the best feeling ones I have used, but unfortunately, they aren't exactly long lasting. They have a thin foam sponge backing.

Sincerely,
Wayne Stevenson
The SpookClub
Wayne Stevenson
The SpookClub
http://www.spookclub.com
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Close up pad (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL