The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Has anyone else seen this yet? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I really liked the act.
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
It was novel, I think it was just the pressure of having to do it on TV and all that which made some steals a little rough. The first main thing I saw was the sleeve wide open in the beginning, maybe put some Velcro or a snap in there...but from the insidemagic.com article on him he works steady with it so nothing wrong with that.
DANSPERRY.COM
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Yeah, his performance, character, and costume were all to perfection!

I noticed the same thing that with him he used 4 IDH's... But I think it was the right move for something like this show where you are up there and under a time restraint...

I think the judges would have loved to see (like real magic), doves being produced out of thin air with no cover, then him pulling out a red silk, scrunching it up, and making a dove come out... It was all about the atmosphere he was in, and he did everything great!

2 Thumbs Up!
-Vinnie
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Thumbs up from me , too. He stood out from the usual dove act in that he did NOT try to imitate Channing Pollock. His last steal with the parrot was pretty awkward and obvious to my eyes , but the crowd didn't seem to notice . He got good reaction from the audience . With some more polish this guy could go far . I'm looking forward to seeing what he comes up with next .

The "dead mic" opening was brilliant. If you watch it more than once he obviously flashes the dove , but again notice the judges' reaction and the crowd reaction: They didn't see it coming . This is the risk you run when video taping an act . People can watch stuff over and over , frame-by-frame , and most magic acts don't survive that sort of scrutiny.
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
I also thought it was a great act. It's a real accomplishment to get a standing O for such a short routine. He really grabbed the audience.
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
I liked it. I see hints of Jay Mattioli in there. Very original and fresh. I also avoid IDH, but I did enjoy his work.
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Listen to you guys...mmm mmm mmm...

As a former Dove worker I say he was/is an excellent entertainer...I really like the energy and am a sucker for the ripping a dove into two bit.
Nice job.

Three thumbs up.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
Like Michael and Puck I remember hanging out with Elliot at Tannens and he was working on this act at that time. You have to give him props for getting on there and doing a great job under pressure and under time restraints. I think that he did a really great job minus the peek-o-boo.

MDS
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
He's a real pro. Its great to know that there's a fellow that has been home polishing an act, training his birds, chasing a goal instead of partying down and out, hanging with trouble. All can be proud of him. A very original act and the audience loved the fact that even with a short sleeve tee shirt on he produced miracles for them.

Dr. Solar
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
Salah AAZEDINE
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
177 Posts

Profile of Salah AAZEDINE
I didn't like his movement too but the dove split was fantastic it was the best thing in his entire performance
LarryTaylor
View Profile
New user
Miamisburg Ohio
72 Posts

Profile of LarryTaylor
I do the Tux style act and I loved this act, right act for the right venue.
Magical Entertainer,teacher and creative consultant.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Has anyone else seen this yet? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL