The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » How can I change a coin into a bill for the greed routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christian_1987
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Christian_1987
Hi guys!
I need quick help over here!
I recently bought "greed" by Daniel Garcia and have a problem with borowing the one dollar bill simply because I live in Europa and we have here just 5 € ,10€,20€ 50€ ... but no 1 € bill, just a 1 € coin.
So I thought that I am borrowing a 1€ coin and change it into a 5 € bill (the greed gimmick) and from this position I do the multiple bill changes!
Now the question is, how do I change a coin into a bill (folded up into quartes).
One way that I thought of is doing the messiah vanish fron Sankey but with the bill already in my closed fist and the coin goes under my wrist watch!
This works but are there any other ideas of changing a coin into a bill, the bill can be folded up in quarters.
I am very new to coin magic, I am a card man, but I know the basic coin sleights.
Thanks

Christian
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Try the Nabil Change from Cultural Xchange 1.

Basic description (NOTE: Can be done with either hand, I'm using the right hand in this example)

Coin is held at your right fingertips
Left hand is palm open facing the audience (Left thumb is pointing to your right hand).
Coin is placed against left hand's open palm
Left hand is closed
Left hand is opened, and coin at right fingertips has changed into another coin (or folded bill in this case).
Mike.Shots
View Profile
Regular user
Terrell
199 Posts

Profile of Mike.Shots
If you're talking about the eigth folded bill, the little square, then you have a number of options.

False transfer to the hand holding the bill and "squeeze".
spellbound change
Gregory Wilson's "Pitch and Ditch"

To name a few. Anything with a wiping action would work well.
JokersWild
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of JokersWild
Why do you have to start with 1 dollar bill. Why not just start with a 5€ and go up from there.
Christian_1987
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Thank you all!

@jokerswild: I think that if you borrow a bill, the routine is much stronger, but since I live in Europa our lowest bill is a 5 so I have to borrow a 5 € bill, and I cant imagine going up to someone and borrowing a 5, a 1€ bill, eys that's possible, but not a 5, especially to a stranger.
So IF I borrow, then it was to be a one, a 1€ coin
kardillusions
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
449 Posts

Profile of kardillusions
Changeabill by Fred Berthelot- available at hocus pocus, under Kohler magic.
www.hermitmagic.com
Hermit Magic Magazine
Instagram: @hermitmagicmag
Subscribe today!
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1483 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
David Stone has a nice flash appearance of a bill in a coin routine. The coin keeps appearing and disappearing and changes into a bill. But the bill appears in a flashy manner, unfolded. It uses a special fold, so you'll have to study if this is allowed by the nature of your gimmick. Maybe it is.
It is on his coin magic DVD, vol.2
Jonathan.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Shuttle pass switch and CONFIDENCE and SELL ABILITY. Not hard to do at all.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Any Spellbound Change would work to accomplish this.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24139 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I usually do the opposite on stage on stage. I have a manuplation coin behind a f---h bill. The bill burns and there's the coin.
Christian_1987
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Cool thank you all, I will try a spellbound change!

Thanks again, you are the best Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » How can I change a coin into a bill for the greed routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL