The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Why the cost of Illusions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Jack after that same experience, We now skid the ATAs if they are large enough.

Peter.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
The heavy industrial company I worked for would put our technical cases on wood pallets suitable for lifting, strap them to it, and then shrink wrap (or plastic wrap) the whole d--n thing.

Finally I went out and bought some 20' containers which we would load ourselves and ship everything out that way to our work sites.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"

Note: If anyone has the space and needs some great, solid, storage space, check out buying some used cargo containers. Get it dropped in the spot you need it (don't plan to move it) and there you go. We paid about $200.00 for the things. Painted up they looked great.

The only solution I have for anyone moving illusions is, buy enough to fill a truck. (This would make Jack happy!!!) When I purchased "ShaZzam!" I sent a 53' trailer, that came in from River Dance, and sent it down from Canada to San Diego to pick up the show. They filled it and sent it back, all 53' worth. What a Christmas present for me (it was July though)! LOL
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
The problem with skids is weight and that puts the item in a different shipping class, which is more $$. My clients are yelling already about shipping costs:)
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

I know, that's life.

Just imagine what Melinda's Death Drill cost to ship!!!

Big show, big boys, big toys.............big $$$$$$$$$

BM
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I'll stick to feathers, thank you.
Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Dave Dorsett
View Profile
Veteran user
Macomb, Illinois
345 Posts

Profile of Dave Dorsett
And that, Jack, is just one of the reasons I chose to get out of the box pusher biz. "Get me Copperfield's latest illusion and have it here Thursday. And I'm not going to pay a lot for this muffler... er, illusion!" Why would a big aluminum table on wheels that stands waist high when assembled cost a lot to ship... let alone build? My patience finally just ran out.

Sheesh!
Dave Dorsett
Douglas~Wayne Illusioneering
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
I hear ya Dave!!
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Feathers may be the way to go, Richard.

BM
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
I might take up silk juggling myself...Smile

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
magicross
View Profile
New user
Staffordshire England
76 Posts

Profile of magicross
I'm just going to invent teleporters
Ross
Stafforshire UK

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=521027722
(feel free to add me)
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
I WILL be your first customer!!
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
That is why I always have loved my chair suspension illusion. Yes I own a lot of other illusions for the shows we perform. but the chairs is one of those illusions which always plays BIG and is so much easier to carry, transport, set up and the cost does not have to break your bank in the process. It wa sa great first illusion for me and I have been using it for hundreds of shows every year. I still do. In fact I perform it so often that I get asked a zillion and one questions abiut how to perform it correctly. so much so I just decided to write all the notes and ideas in an e-book all about the chair suspension illusion. It was easier this way hehe. there just was never anything out there on the subject so I figured if I can help anyone else through my own experiences with the illusion, why not.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Ok guys you all have a point but it is hard for a talented kid to start in illusions and pay those prices to have them built. I mean I can't even afford a lot of them at the moment but I have a clear plan of what I want to do and prove myself first as magician doing little miracles which don't cost as much.
My success formula is to astonish the right people (sponsors, tv) first with those 'little' miracles before I move on to bigger things. With the quality of a digital camcorder, a cameraman and a sound/boom operator you can just go out there and shoot a demo. If your style and magic is innovative some producer or tv station 'will' give you a chance and produce you. Then you can think about levitating Hollywood Blvd. up and down...

My two cents.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Why the cost of Illusions (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL