The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Oriental Production Parasols (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
Why does nobody seem to make ACTUAL oriental production parasols? I can't imagine it would be that hard to rig a spring production mechanism inside it for the right price...

On that same note, in regards to the methods of parasol production taught on Joker Lam's Parasol Anywhere DVD, could they be applied to traditional parasols (gimmicked or ungimmicked)?

Derek Merdinyan
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7366 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Look at my parasols on my website, Mandarian Production. I have taken small parasols and recovered them with oriental motif fabric.

The reason no one gaffs the genuine parasols is they are usally made of paper and will not hold up. Even Fukai's are not the paper parasol type for that reason.

Please contact me direct if you need more information. I have recovered parasols for guys in various fabrics.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22399 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
As mentioned previously, if you find a good oriental store in your area and purchase a few, then set down for a few minutes with a rubberband, you can quickly adapt the paper parasols to automatic opening.

Otherwise be prepared to pay for someones elses experimenting and experience to do the work for you. Example - I took my car into a garage for work, the part cost $30 and the mechanic changed me $250 to put it in.

Suggestion, cut the handle off the parasols.

Here is the parasols avaialble by for Joker Lam's DVD, seems kind of small as parasols by Fukai were larger. http://www.ronjo.com/page/R/PROD/new/PARASOLBOXSET
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Oriental Production Parasols (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL