The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Sleeving question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

spider15
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of spider15
Question from a coin newbie here -

when sleeving and keeping the arm bent, then straightening the arm to reproduce the coin later, I "catch" the coin 90% of the time, but 10% of the time the coin doesn't line up with the front of my hand, but rather falls to the side...and onto the floor!

Any tips for ensuring that I catch it every time?
Jonton
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
336 Posts

Profile of Jonton
When the coin is sleeved, don't move your arm quickly from side to side, or in a circle. You want to try to keep the coin lined up with the inside of your wrist and forearm inside your sleeve. Another problem may be that your sleeve is too tight, and when you move your arm inside the sleeve, it shifts the location of the coin and keeps it there.
Hope this helps, if at all...
~Jonton
I Came, I Saw, I Conjured
www.jontaylornyc.com
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Practice... over and over and over.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Please consider the material of your sleeves as well. Some materials bunch up and restrict the opening. Some even put stiffeners to preserve the form of the opening. I sugest you look into the works of Jay Scott Berry, Carl Cloutier.

Rannie Rayundo
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
ChrixF
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of ChrixF
I gotta agree with Jonton,don't move your arm to quickly from side to side, try to keep the coin alligned with the inside of your wrist.

Keep practicing,
Chrix
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Sleeving question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL