The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Si Stebbins book? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Demonbrn
View Profile
Veteran user
Oakley, CA
338 Posts

Profile of Demonbrn
If you have a ebook reader such as a nook, you can actually get that Si Stebbins book for free through borders (if not free, and extremely low price). Also, I beleive a member here (Steven Youle (i know the last name HAS to be spelled wrong, just doesn't look right)) has done some notes on it, he actually gave me some advice on it, and I have long lost interest in useing it because I'm always in a casual enviroment, and generally only have 1 deck of cards on me at any given time, and if it's set up for anything, it's usually not that, lol.
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2406 Posts

Profile of ddyment
This book can be downloaded for free from here (click on the "Si Stebbins" link).
"Calculated Thoughts" is available at Vanishing Inc. and The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
magicdano
View Profile
Regular user
Danny Habel
144 Posts

Profile of magicdano
Demonbrn, you were close with the spelling of his name: It is Steven Youell and he is quite a fantastic card man. He lectured at Ring 96 in Long Beach (Ca) a year or so ago. Yes, he did a good trick with Si Stebbins and it is in his booklet Weapons of Mass Destruciton. At least that is what I remember the title was. Could be wrong.
But, the point is not to find a trick here and there, or in the case of Steve Beam, lots of them. I am just thinking out loud a book devoted only to the best 25 Si Stebbins tricks would see big and make a contribution to magic.
magicmann
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of magicmann
I discovered something very interesting with Si Stebbins- it is published in Steve Beams latest book. Semi Automatic 8

Paul
magicdano
View Profile
Regular user
Danny Habel
144 Posts

Profile of magicdano
Magicmann, what is it you found interesitng in Beam's vol 8?

Share it here in the Café or please send me an email at MagicDano@aol.com
Thanks,
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6918 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2008-05-29 03:58, Koenraad wrote:
I'm interested in the book called Si Stebbins Card Tricks And The Way He Performs Them, first published in 1898. Since the copyright of the book is long time expired, I wonder if there is a PDF of the booklet available some where?

-Koenraad

Not sure what a PDF is, but the booklet was available some years ago as it was included in a magic set sold in toy shops.
magicdano
View Profile
Regular user
Danny Habel
144 Posts

Profile of magicdano
Magicmann,
please see above regarding my question about you discovering interesting about Si Stebbins in Vol 8 of Steve Beams book.
I have the book and look forward with learning what it is from you
Danny
moualb
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of moualb
Magicdano, there are only 4 routines using Si Stebbins in volume VIII Smile
I suppose that Magicmann was talking about "Recycling Si".
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4145 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Can anyone tell me where I can, reasonably, find the way to get to Si Stebbins from new deck order? I understand it can be found in Darwin Ortiz's book, but I see that it costs nearly $200 if you can find it. Can anyone refer me to a more reasonably priced source, or PM me with the instructions?
Thanks,
KJ.
hcs
View Profile
Elite user
Germany, Magdeburg
487 Posts

Profile of hcs
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Si Stebbins book? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL