The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Balloon snorting/sword swallowing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
juggling1
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
196 Posts

Profile of juggling1
I've recently been trying to snort a needle balloon up my nose and pull it out my mouth and so on,but it keeps wanting to go down my throat. Iam currious as to weather that will help with my future goal to sword swallow. If not I'am gone to put more emphisses on trying not to do it. Any tips on sword swallowing would be nice.
thanx
Dusty
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Welcome to the dangerous part of the Café! Tell us about yourself!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
juggling1
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
196 Posts

Profile of juggling1
I'am twenty four I've been performing slieght of hand about ten years and magic for as lng as I can remeber. I've been ballon twisting and juggling for about five years. I just stared gaging myself for about to weeks and did my first human blockhead at noon tody I got a 12 penny nail abut three inches ack in my head. Iam frm West Virgina.
erikkloeker
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, Ohio
203 Posts

Profile of erikkloeker
Here is my recomendation for sword swallowing for what it's worth, don't ever do it, no matter how much instruction or experience you have with it is still dangerous and potentially deadly and it can take years to learn. As far as the mental floss I would reccomend not snorting and rather gently pushing it straight back and when it reaches your throat you sometimes have to grab it with your fingers, some peoples anatomy is just not set up to where you can get it to come out of your mouth. and my last suggestion is let someone teach you in person that knows what they're doing, that goes for everyone and every stunt. There is no way to safely teach these kinds of thing over the internet. period.

Erik
juggling1
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
196 Posts

Profile of juggling1
If I decided I'am gone to stick things down my throat. Is it safer to use shorter objects, say a dagger. Are most sword swallowing injuries to the stomach.
And when sticking he balloon up my nose and it does go down my throat is there any chance of it gone into my lungs or would my reflexe's take over. Because my dad metioned that to me but he's neither entertainer or Dr.
erikkloeker
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, Ohio
203 Posts

Profile of erikkloeker
No it's absoultely not safer to use shorter things and if not prepared correctly, much more dangerous. Most of the sword swallowing injuries I know of have been perforations of the esophagus which means no matter how short the object is it has the potential to hurt you REALLY badly. I have rarely heard of a sword swallowing related injury due to puncturing of the stomach although it still remains a big danger. I don't have enough know-how to answer your question as to if the balloon could go into your lungs but my answer would be don't ever let it go that far down your throat. I am going to say this once again for what it's worth. Get a knowlegable person to teach you in person.
juggling1
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
196 Posts

Profile of juggling1
Thanx for t
juggling1
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
196 Posts

Profile of juggling1
Sorry I accidently sent the above half finished message. I just wanted to say thanx for th tips. Though some part of me still wants to sword swallow, probably that dumb part!
erikkloeker
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, Ohio
203 Posts

Profile of erikkloeker
Well I can't speak from experince but I know some Sword Swallowers would tell you that it's just not worth the risks involved and the years of practice involved. I am not telling anyone not to go to Todd Robbins or Harley to learn how to Swallow a Sword just that they should know what they are gettin into before they attempt anything. btw there is a reason why there is only 100 sword swallowers currently left in the entie world. If anyone else wants to jump onto this subject feel free, I am far from being an expert in this field.

-Erik
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
What part of WV are you from?

Erik, you pretty much said everything...no need to elaborate.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi Erik

To an extent I agree. I learned for myself, I considered it (and still do) the pinnacle of sideshow skills. But you can be a great sideshow performer without it. Also, the time it takes to learn can be used to learn quite a few more stunts, whose impact can be just as big (perhaps bigger) and which are nowhere near as likely to hurt you.

Its painful and nasty and brutal and dangerous, but I love it. Wouldn't recommend it though!

If you must, learn from the best and only the best. That's Harley or Todd.
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
juggling1
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
196 Posts

Profile of juggling1
Thanx for the blaten honesty David that's wht I like to hear.
And Freak I'am from Winfield a small town locatd along the Kanawa river right smack dab between Huntington and Charelston.
Why do you ask are you from WV?
erikkloeker
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, Ohio
203 Posts

Profile of erikkloeker
Thanks David, I totally agree.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
I was born there yes.

I'm from Charleston, I'm actually about to take a grind show to the Capital Flea Market and make some cash.

I am now living in North Carolina (Charlotte).

Brett.
Blog:
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
196 Posts

Profile of juggling1
Whats a grind show and when are you comming. I will try to check out the show
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
"grind show" is a term that can be applied to the term "single-o"

Grind show~ a show that does not stop it continues throughout the day..."grinding the day away"

Single-O~ a small show usually housed in a tent or small trailor that features one exhibit.

hope that clears that up.

Too soon to say when exactly I'll be there...but it will happen soon(more on that later)

Most likely I'll be running a Single-o with a blowoff (added attraction you can see for a small fee)

Brett.
Blog:
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
196 Posts

Profile of juggling1
Iam always looking for work entertainning which outside of kids birthday partys is hard to do in WV so if you would like me to be the added attraction I would be deighted! We could tak more in detail later if you want.
juggling1
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
196 Posts

Profile of juggling1
I can finally get the balloon to come out my mouth without gaging to much. The trouble now is that when I try and squeeze the air bubble by my nostral to get it to appear out of my mouth it appears IN my mouth. The one time I did get it to appear out my mouth and tried to squeeze it and get it to appear back out my nostral it wouldn't go. Any suggestions on this would be great!!!!!!!!!!
thanx all
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Juggling1...can't help you with balloon boogers but I can show you about Grind Shows...just click my signature. Smile
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
juggling1
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
196 Posts

Profile of juggling1
Creepy Doug I like it. Real lady charmmer I huh?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Balloon snorting/sword swallowing (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL