The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » The Dream Gimmick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I'm sorry if I don't appear to be impressed with this, but I haven't seen anything here that actually fooled me.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2006-07-26 20:02, Bill Palmer wrote:
I'm sorry if I don't appear to be impressed with this, but I haven't seen anything here that actually fooled me.

Just wondering, are you speaking generally about the Zombie, or are you specifically talking about this gimmick?
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Bill,
You've done magic for a long time my friend and I would be surprised if any effect fooled you.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Actually, I have to take this one back. Jeb PM'ed me about what I thought it was. It wasn't. He fooled me.

BTW, I do like the zombie. I don't like it when it looks like a ball on a s****, though.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
I don't think ANYONE likes it when It looks like that.
I've been training these cards since they were small.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2006-07-27 15:29, Seeker wrote:
I don't think ANYONE likes it when It looks like that...

Nope, as a matter of fact, I was really hot to reintroduce the Zombie in my routine until I saw a magician completely butcher it. Then I saw another magician do a beautiful job, so now I am back on the "add to routine" track.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
The good news for those of you who dislike the look of "a ball on a s****", is that the Dream Gimmick was specifically engineered to deal with that and other common complaints with the normal gimmick.

1. The Dream Gimmick allows for a great deal of control and movement of the ball with little to no visible movement of the hand.

2. Also, for those who dislike the appearance that the ball must be in constant contact with the foulard, the Dream Gimmick can make the ball jump above, to the side, or simply float up away from the foulard.

3. Many have also complained about how much the gimmick hurts their finger. Instead of a coil, the Dream Gimmick employs a "grip" design, which fits comfortably in the hand and any size ball can be used without strain.

4. The configuration of the design also makes possible moves that will seem impossible to anyone who knows how a normal Zombie works (examples include the over the shoulder moves and a particular routine illustrated on the DVD).

The instructional DVD includes not only the new moves this gimmick makes possible in a routine, but also a highly difficult routine made for those who wish to push the new gimmick even further over the edge. For some, the Dream Gimmick may be like rediscovering the Zombie; at least that's what a few people have told me so far. All in all, the main point of the gimmick is to give the Zombie life through increased range of movement and improved handling. I hope you will all make great use of it.
Jeb
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Everything Jeb has said is true about the Dream Gimmick! Wouldn't mind one for my Kinetic Sphere.
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
It's highly ironic that you should ask that. I've been working on that very problem for a week now. One of the primary intentions of the "Universal Adaptors" that I've been working on, has been to allow the Dream Gimmick to work with the Kinetic Sphere. I admit that my prototypes were not working well, but the latest is working quite well. I tested it out tonight and I think we have a winner. I will send you a set of my new adaptors so that you can see how they work for you. These adaptors will allow you to use the Dream Gimmick to float a variety of small objects, including the Kinetic Sphere.

Jeb
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Can't wait for the Univeral Adaptors. Thanks for such a good product!
Pachin
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Pachin
I have never use a Zombie before, but I would love to start. Is the Dream Gimmick everything I need or do I need to start with the Kinetic and then go from there?

Also, how far do you need to be from the spectator to be able to perform?

I would appreciate your help and comments.

Thanks

Joaquin
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
The Zombie Ball is a great classic of magic. I have not had experence with the "Dream Gimmick" but for a normal ball and gimmick, you can perform it for anyone of any age. Lighting is not a issue. It just takes practice to make that ball come to life.

I do not use a Kinetic Sphere, that is a Dave Mann Product that you can find at his site. Its amazing. But a Basic Zombie Ball is probably where you need to start.

-Jacob
I've been training these cards since they were small.
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Joaquin,

That entirely depends on you. The Dream Gimmick is a gimmick that will allow a Zombie do a great many moves that can't be done with a regular Zombie Gimmick. You could use it with a $20 Morrissey Zombie ball, any more expensive Zombie ball, or you could use my universal adaptors to float a large variety of Zombie size objects, including Dave Mann's Kinetic Sphere. The Kinetic Sphere, as most of you know, can then do a great many other moves. The rest is just practice and imagination. It all depends on what effect you are trying to accomplish.

As for lighting, it all depends on what moves you are going to do and you would have to have one and play with it for you to understand. If you have my DVDs, then you probably have a good idea. Some moves can be done surrounded, while others require you to be on stage. From stage, lighting is not much of an issue so long as you don't have a hot spotlight in your face as it can cause unwanted shadows.

Jacob has a very good point, start out with a regular Zombie. They aren't expensive and there is so much you can do with them. Almost everything on my Zombie Re-Animated DVDs can be done with a regular ball on a regular gimmick. The possibilities are endless.

Jeb
Pachin
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Pachin
Thanks for your advice.

Joaquin
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
By the way, The Dream Gimmick can now be pre-ordered. I'm only making 50 right now, get them while you can. The DVDs should arrive in about a week and I'll be sending them out soon after.

Jeb
magic_man204
View Profile
Veteran user
north idaho
350 Posts

Profile of magic_man204
Can you do all the moves a normal Zombie Gimmick can also?

Joaquin, if you are just starting out with a Zombie, than get Jeb Sherrill's DVD's. They are, in my opinion, and I know most of you guys will agree with me, the best resource on the Zombie Ball to date. Jeb is also very helpful. I have bugged him with hundreds of questions and he has given me answeres without any hesitation.

I would start out with a regular Zombie Gimmick and go from there. It requires a lot of practice but is well worth it. I would suggest starting out with a 5" Moressey ball and standard gimmick that comes with it. If you get Jeb's DVD's, they will explain how to make your own gimmicks.
-Aaron
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
The Dream Gimmick will be able to do most normal Zombie moves, but they will be done a little differently. When you get one, and play with it in front of the mirror, you'll know exactly what I mean. As usual, if you PM me, I'll help you with anything I can.

Jeb
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Ok, the DVDs have just come in, so it won't be long now. As soon as the packaging comes in, I'll have them off to everyone who pre-ordered. Just like with my DVDs, I'm going to sign the packaging on anyone who pre-orders, so rush and get yours now Smile

Jeb
magic_man204
View Profile
Veteran user
north idaho
350 Posts

Profile of magic_man204
Sounds great when I get some dough I will have to pick one of these up!
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
For all those who pre-ordered, the final packaging should be in soon. I apologize that it has taken so long, but they kept having problems with the art. I can't imagine why, because it's only in black and white, but I guess it's all par for the course with printing. The good news is, I'll still autograph anybody's package that orders before I officially send them out, so you still have some time.

Jeb
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » The Dream Gimmick (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL