The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Performance cigarettes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

durgy
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto
393 Posts

Profile of durgy
Hey everyone
I was wondering whether the cigarettes used in performances are real cigarettes. They seem to blow a lot more smoke than regular cigarettes. ie. if you see lance Burton perform his fism act. (I also saw the blue man group- not a magic show- but at one point they used it in there and same thing)

So does anyone know whether there are different types of cigarettes I could use to make a lot more smoke when I'm on stage? Thanks.

durgy
http://www.durgyspade.com
facebook.com/durgyspade
twitter.com/durgyspade
Sir Pat-Trick
View Profile
New user
Cincinnati, Ohio
54 Posts

Profile of Sir Pat-Trick
Well I use the fake Puffers cigarettes. I get them from my local magic shop.
Trick is in the Name!
julianflamant
View Profile
New user
atlanta,ga
6 Posts

Profile of julianflamant
Hey durgy,
I dunno what Lance performs with on stage but the way to get a lot of smoke (in a cloud) out of a cigarette is by puffing it without inhaling the smoke (like you would smoke a cigar). I've never performed on stage but I used to do a disappearing cigarette act close-up and that's what I did. Also if you want it to all come out immediately in a tight cloud of smoke puff up you cheeks after dragging (with your mouth closed) before releasing the smoke to push it all to the front of your mouth!

-Julian
wayno
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
323 Posts

Profile of wayno
Quote:
On 2006-07-06 16:12, durgy wrote:
Hey everyone
I was wondering whether the cigarettes used in performances are real cigarettes.

As Julian put it, don't inhale. As well, the fake puffer cigarettes smoke from the end of the cigarette, not out your mouth. And reques you to blow, rather than draw the smoke in. Just something to consider if you're leaning towards the puffers.

Sincerely,
Wayne Stevenson
The SpookClub
Wayne Stevenson
The SpookClub
http://www.spookclub.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Performance cigarettes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL