The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Forum DVD Library (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8992 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey, with yet another new dvd to come out from the coin section of the Café, this one by Platt, entitled "Catapult," I was wondering just how many of you here have dvds out there? Think we have enough for a nice library list of our own here. Several of you have come out with dvds since I joined the forum. I'm proud of every one of you in packaging your ideas and getting them out there. I just love the ingenuity in getting this done. Makes me think of the several recent dvds put out by the Godfather here and my man Rannie, a lot of work but seemingly well worth it on so many levels. Hopefully it continues to inspire folks here to do their own thing. Smile It sure inspires me. Smile

Anyway, what do we got so far??? And include everyone, whether you have your own dvd out there, or perhaps you're a part of one....Or maybe even list if you have a book, manuscript, article that's out there too - It's all good! Smile Seems like Platt is about to be the latest to top the list with an offering...Smile -MB

I'll start it up here:

#1 - "Catapult" by Platt, 7/06
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4277 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Hey MB, good idea to make a comprehensive list. Here are my own offerings:
by Dr. Michael Rubinstein
1. Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights - 3 volumes (orig. filmed 3/85, re-edited 2002)
2. Knockout Coin Magic - 3 volumes on one long playing DVD (filmed 1986, DVD 2001)
3. 1985 Lecture DVD
4. 2004 Lecture DVD
5. New York Coin Magic Seminar Vol. 1 COINS ACROSS (2 disc set) -w/ Roth,
Latta, Gallo, Harbottle
6. Rubinstein Ultimate Rattle Purse COmpanion DVD with gimmicked purse
7. Coins Throuigh The Table one trick DVD
8. New York Coin Magic Seminar Project 2, and more from Dr.Rubinstein, details to follow soon...

all are available on my web site, http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC SPECIAL:
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
philmitchell
View Profile
New user
UK
27 Posts

Profile of philmitchell
Oh God here we go again, is it ever possible for you Mike to make a post without you blatantly pitching your own products? You're relentless!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27183 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I may make a DVD eventually. No rush. Much prefer to meet folks in person and offer what little I can that's useful.

Also a better way to keep stuff secret and get a promise of keeping things that way.

:)

Kudos to Mike and folks though for making stuff their generally available.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
I have one out called "Tied" mostly coins...

Phil the subject of the topic is to post about DVD's that members have come out with, it isn't a blatant plug...
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4277 Posts

Phil, I am sorry you feel that way. I make reference to my material, because I think it is of benefit to the members of the Café. I do plug the Seminars here a lot, as well as the group projects, because this coin forum is for people to discuss coin magic. That is what the Seminars are for, and many of the members of this Café have attended, and get their updates here. You are welcome not to read the posts if you are not interested. My own material is comprised of many routines and sleights not available to members in any other source. Many of my posts are not just about my own material, but advice to the beginners of this forum. In my opinion, reminding new members where they can find certain material is for their benefit, just as people have received advice to view many other DVD's (such as Roh and Ammar) that are commercially available. I think MB had a great idea, as there are a plethora of DVD's available, that many people are not aware of. I look forward to seeing the material available from our other members.
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Noel D
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Noel D
Quote:
On 2006-07-09 00:02, Michael Rubinstein wrote:
Phil, I am sorry you feel that way. I make reference to my material, because I think it is of benefit to the members of the Café. I do plug the Seminars here a lot, as well as the group projects, because this coin forum is for people to discuss coin magic. That is what the Seminars are for, and many of the members of this Café have attended, and get their updates here. You are welcome not to read the posts if you are not interested. My own material is comprised of many routines and sleights not available to members in any other source. Many of my posts are not just about my own material, but advice to the beginners of this forum. In my opinion, reminding new members where they can find certain material is for their benefit, just as people have received advice to view many other DVD's (such as Roh and Ammar) that are commercially available. I think MB had a great idea, as there are a plethora of DVD's available, that many people are not aware of. I look forward to seeing the material available from our other members.

Actually, I think that poster's statement was entirely tongue in cheek.

Humor just doesn't work on the internet...
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4277 Posts

Noel, it sure doesn't come off that way, but this forum is for expressing opinions and giving advice, so as long as its civil, I never mind if someone doesn't agree with me. I am waiting for other Café members to post their own offerings - Dill, Kam, Miller, Davidson, Neighbors, Harbottle, Gallo, Watkins, Kranzo, Reindfleisch (sp?), and so many more...It will give me a chance to see if my own library is current, and what is really out there.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I included a number of coin (as well as other) effects on my recently released two DVD set entitled Scripted Insanity, but I don't "specialize" in coins or in the use of any other particular prop, and instead specialize in close-up using a variety of props. Magicians with a keen interest in coins would be well served by the offerings of Rubenstein (I used his brilliant ROPS move in a couple of effects on my DVDs) as well as the other magicians whom he mentions in his above posting.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17214 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2006-07-08 22:05, JTW wrote:
Phil the subject of the topic is to post about DVD's that members have come out with, it isn't a blatant plug...

True....How else we gonna get a list?...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Oops, too late to edit...Rubinstein, not Rubenstein.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10813 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
The Café has many up and commers in coin magic their ideas are very fresh. this is why I put out a dvd to expose them to the magic community.
Eric godhandz Jones
Mano "Manolift"Tejeda
Joe jessie "Joey Coins
DirtySanchez
Rannie Raynundo the enforcer

other notables that are very special coinworkers
Justin miller Jussy
Platt
John born
Joe Rindfleisch
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
**Roper**
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
170 Posts

Profile of **Roper**
I certainly appreciate the list given and think the above comment is out of place.

For all of those who have coin related products I would love to see them listed.

Cheers

Charles
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Manuscripts:

Coinvanish Volume 1
Coinvanish Volume 2

DVD:

Coin Man Walking

One routine in both of these compliation DVDs:

COINvention Inaugural Collection
LVMI Live! 2003
Click to visit:
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10813 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
The abouve commentis not a out of place all mentioned are on La famiglia dvd
performing ther sigmnature coin effects
the notables
justin miller has two dvds Strolling hands
platt is about to come out with his dvds and has many coin demos Catapult
John born matrix gods way
and joe' s new dvd
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4358 Posts

Profile of rannie
Just to add to the list, here are some coin routines from my DVDs

1) RAYTRIX

- The RAYTRIX, a four coins and one card matrix effect using borrowed coins and a borrowed card.

- NOT SO GAFFLESS HOPPING HALVES, a gaffless version using borrowwed coins.

- 3 different COIN BENDS

2) THE BOSS

- 4 COINS AND A GLASS, my take on this classic with a surprise ending (DEMO is somewhere in the Café)

- RAYTRIX RELOADED, basically the same as the original RAYTRIX, with a kickback ending that's clean.

- 3:45, a two card one coin routine.

3) LATE NIGHT AT THE TAVERN

- COSTUME CHANGE, A BORROWED coin and a BORROWED note. The coin is signed by the spectator and wrapped in the note and crumpled into a ball by the spectator. The magician cleanly cups his hands around the borrowed bill, gives his hands a little shake, and opens his hands. Now the bill has cahnged to a completely different bill, and can even be a bill from a different country! The bill is given to the spectator, the un-roll the bill, and inside is their signed coin

I hope this is a welcome addition to the ever growing list of coin materials.

Rannie Raymundo
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
I am about a 5 month old in the coin magic business and I think it is absolutely wonderful that the men at the top are willing to share their secrets both in book and DVD form. I think otherwise coin magic may become a lost art and I don't think we really want that. I look at it as building blocks, you take what has already been accomplished through years of hard work, trial, error, practice and build and expand on it or everyone would have to start at the beginning re-inventing the wheel.

I also understand when you develop something new keeping it a secret to get the most mileage out of it or as much out of it as you want first and then when you have got what you want revealing your secret if you so desire. I do say desire, because you obviously don't have to ever, but if you are feeling generous, it then would become sort of a public service to the coin magicians who are interested and appreciate it.

I am not in that position, but if I were I would think of it as quite a compliment and accomplishment if I had people wanting to copy or expand on my work. Sharing knowledge is a very benevolent and charitable feat.

I am totally humbled by the material I have seen thus far, J.B.Bobo, Roth, Watkins and Paul Cummings. These men are fantastic and very generous in sharing their accomplishments, which is making my life a whole lot easier. I now know how its suppose to be, now its a matter of practice, practice, practice...

I did not mention you, Michael Rubinstein, in my list, however, you are next on my list and I thank you also for sharing the fruits of your knowledge. I have noticed with everyone I have observed they put their signature or slant on a sleight that personalizes it to them and even though the sleight may be general knowledge. For instance, I love Paul Cummings method of the simple coin pass as he calls it, I have seen the move before, but his method and misdirection is beautiful and is the one I intend on using. I have seen others and they are good too, but his works for me.

I want to learn all the basics and maybe then doing my own personalization. This can be done with sleights and routines unless I am thinking wrong, but can't be done without the labors of those who have already made their marks in coin magic, at least not easily. Keep up the good work Michael Rubinstein...
Where I go, so do my coins.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Forum DVD Library (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL