The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Masuda Wow trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..12..20..28..36..44..48~49~50 [Next]
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
A friend came back from the IBM convention with Masuda's Wow trick. This is really clean and magical looking.

The effect is - - A card is freely selected and signed and returned to the deck. An indifferent card is removed from the top of the deck and inserted into this small transparent case. The face of the indifferent card is clearly and fully seen through the plastic. Visually and without any cover whatsoever the card changes into the spectator's signed card. The spectator can even remove the card themselves from this little case.

Anyone else get this? I have not yet seen it in the websites of the major USA magic dealers. Will it be available soon?
marco1
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of marco1
I just saw this effect yesterday and it's beautiful!! Someone who purchased it at the IBM too.
I too would love to know where I can buy it.
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
I WANT IT!!!! I love all of Masuda's effects! I will check a couple of dealers in Japan and get back...
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Me too, Me too...love the Japanese stuff. I would like to own one.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
My friend bought it from the IBM convention too. He spoke highly of it. Maybe I will get one from FISM?
Yours,

Ivan
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
I bought this item at the last Miami IBM Convention from FUKAI . This trick is sooooooo good that I will not sell this one to anybody .It looks really like trick photography. You place an indifferent card in the transparent case and the card changes visually to the SIGNED card.No duplicate .You take out the signed card and the case is empty. Very ingenious prop from MASUDA from Japan.Get one.
sleightofhand1
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of sleightofhand1
Ya, well where do you get them????????????????
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
I did a little bit of research... cant find it. What is the exact name of this trick?
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
I have purchased all of my Masuda effects from stevensmagic.com Just type Masuda in their search box and you'll get it all. They are at almost every convention and have a great selection. Hocus Pocus also carries some of Masuda's stuff but Steven's Magic Emporium always has the largest stock. I noticed they are not currently carrying Masuda's "WOW" but I'm sure they will shortly. Best of luck with your search!
-Brian
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Sounds great. Can they keep the card at the end?
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
The trick is named simply " WOW ".Fukai showed this trick to Lance Burton.Fukai asked to Lance to suggest a name for this trick.He replied just name it "WOW" which was Burton's reaction to the effect showed by Fukai.At last it is Fukai's story...

It is not on the mass market yet.It was sold exclusively at the last IBM convention in Miami by a magician named FUKAI (parasol act).

Fukai told that it will be available soon through dealers.

Yes they can keep the signed card at the end.The cards are not gimmicked.The transparent case(pretty flat by the way) does all the dirty job.,,
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
WOW is a great trick. The slow motion "morphing" of one card into another card is eye-popping. The card being signed doesn't add much to the effect, but if that appeals to you, it can, of course, be done.

It is the best application of the optical illusion popularized by Ton Onosaka many years ago where you can show a sheet of plastic to be absolutely clear and "see-through" on one side, yet turn it over and there is a playing card printed on it. This wonderful effect takes that principle one giant step forward eliminating any need to turn anything over and making the change completely visible....even if done in super slow motion. It is amazing and one that I imagine magicians will carry around with them.

I plan to use it with the classic transposition of two cards. Show one, place it under a spectator's hand. Show another and slide it into the case. Tell the audience to watch carefully and the cased card slowly and visibly morphs into the card that is under the spectator's hand. He lifts his hand and finds the card that was placed in the case. Both cards are left with him. The perfect transposition.
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
This should be very good. I've always enjoyed Masuda's stuff. Many don't because it's often very heavily gaffed. However, if they weren't heavily gaffed I doubt the miracles peformed could be done any other way. I'll definitley purchase "Wow" when it becomes available.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Jim Stan Magic Man
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago Area
241 Posts

Profile of Jim Stan Magic Man
I purchased one at the SAM convention last week. It is an awesome effect. Fukai does an excellent job presenting the effect. Even with the high price tag this will be a big seller.

Regards,
Jim
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
How much? Gotta start saving my nickels?
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
I believe it sold for $55.00 from Fukai. That probably seems a bit high, but the visual aspect of the trick is well worth it.
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
I too bought mine at the SAM con and believe me, I would be safe to say he sold one to almost every card guy there. It is an unbelievable sight to see and yes, most of the people that saw it said "wow" after it was done. As Runaway says, it is pricey at $55 but it is worth every penny of that just to keep it out of the hands of the curious. Look for this one to be reviewed in Genii and Magic magazines soon.

Snidini
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Please keep us all posted, I love optical illusions.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I believe UGM of Japan are the official dealers for most of Masuda's effects. But maybe this is not and is sold only through Fukai.
Yours,

Ivan
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I searched Masuda at Stevens magic for WOW effect No luck , anyone know a dealer selling this effect.
Thanks
Tops
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Masuda Wow trick (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..12..20..28..36..44..48~49~50 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL