We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Peter Marvey Video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Now, if THIS isn't camera tricks, I would certainly know how the freaking heck he did this. (I'm betting camera tricks).
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
Ok, that rather flabbergasts me!
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2315 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
"Its miracle time!"
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
For those of us on a dialup, could we bother you with a "description"? A description might impress me further. When it comes to UTube like sites I know that hitting the "pause" button allows for the complete download of the clip which can later be played at regular speed but this can take 30, 40, 60 min. or more for a mere 5min. clip and those that I've seen weren't worth the time. A couple of times out of the week I'm at home with a DSL connection and the rest dialup!

I've seen Peter Marvey do marvellous things with his manipulation act and some black art. Oh! and forgot his "flying" as well.

But what could these marvelled spectators be talking about? Look at Brian Proctor as he stares at the wonderful performance. He seems to approve.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hi Randy,

Here is what you see. Peter walks the streets of Japan and enters a pool hall. A person playing pool sinks a ball and then Peter takes the white ball ( forgive me I can't remember what you call the white ball right now ), places his hand over it and it changes into the ball that was just sunk. I don't suspect camera trickery here. He does this effect a second time and then take the ball and places it on a table. The camera cuts ( oh oh ..suspicious looking cut there ) and we see the ball on the table from a different angle and its partially hidden by the edge of the table. Then he takes a shot and when the white ball hits the "6" ball it begins to roll and it turns into a square cube. That effect looks mighty suspicious and I'd surely say its a camera CGI effect.

Seems like everyone is getting into the film making business these days.... oh how I miss the days when magic was a performance art and not a day at the movies. Can't blame him however... its making big bucks for Angel and I suspect many more will follow.

Best,

Tim
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Wow! Thanks for that description Timothy. Uhm well what do you say with a description like that? I'll make sure to download it and view it a couple of hours later as Peter Marvey is one of my favorites! He's inspired me.

You know at his age he's taken some of the most prestigious awards and when I saw him on WGM he was his usual top shape. A fantastic presence, performer, and innovator! He really is great as evidenced with his black art performances as well.

He has a tweaked mind.
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Wow..nice.. well once again "camera tricks" needs defining..

If you look at the last change.. The blue 6 ball into the blue cube.. You can see the "real" blue 6 ball is placed differently before the camera goes on an asian guy who says "i have no idea" then when the camera comes back to the balls you can see its been altered..Would that be considered a camera trick?

The way the camera is positionned for ALL the changes you see less than half the ball.. I am guessing that has something to do with it..Regardless... Its absolutely beautiful.. Well done..

I especially liked the white turtleneck and the bright white pants!! In true magician's fashion...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Peter Marvey Video (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL