The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Toibox Review!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
I just received this today and all I can say is WOW! This is simply brilliant.

Let's start with the tin box. It is very small and compact and easily fits in the pocket. It also came with MINTS! Sweet deal!

The booket is very well designed. It is spiral bound. Each effect inside is taught very well. The illustrations are very clear as well.

Ok now the effects inside.

Three Way Prediction: This is a prediction effect. Duh! 3 mint tins are given to the spectator and asked to mix them up. They are asked to choose 2 for themselves and 1 for the magician. Each of the tins are now opened and a note is found inside each of them. The two notes inside the tins they keep read YOU WILL KEEP THIS TIN and the note inside the tin they gave you to keep reads YOU WILL GIVE THIS TIN TO THE MAGICIAN. This effect is labeled beginner, but it is strong.

The Chosen One: This is a process of elimination type of trick. A card is selected and signed. The deck is cut into 4 piles and the spectator is asked to place a mint tin on the pile they want to keep. This is continued until one card is left. The card is then turned over and is not there card. What the? But wait, it is found folded up inside the mint tin. Oh Yeah! It is labled intermediate.

Blue Card Transpo: A card is selected from a red back and then shuffled into the deck by the spectator. A tin that was on the table the entire time is opened to find a blue backed card. That card is the selection! This one is intermediate.

Tri-Fold: This is my favorite out of all the effects. I got goosebumps from just reading the description. A card is selected and signed by the spectator. It's then lost in the deck but then instantly vanishes and ends up in the magicians pocket. Then the entire deck vanishes and is found in the magicians pocket. The card is placed in the middle again, but again it vanishes and jumps into the magicians pocket, BUT this time it's folded up inside a tin. Wow! Jonathan also gives you a second phase where the spectator can pull the card out themselves. This is labelled advanced.

Jonathan also gives several ideas for some effects as well. Color changes, Transpostitions...........

He goes indepth about the history of the effect, gives you the handling of toibox and also gives you sources where to buy more tins.

All the effects are just amazing and are sure to stun.

Even if you don't like reading, Jonathan makes the descriptions as clear as day.

So what are you waiting for? But it TODAY!
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
Thank you for the review. I think that cleared up a lot of the questions from the other thread. Sounds great!

Cody
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
Yes the card can be loaded into the box by the spectator and yes they can pull it out themselves.
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
djrdjr
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, TX
226 Posts

Profile of djrdjr
Thanks, MM.

Guess you actually COULD say more than just, "wow." Smile

Anybody else?
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
Here is another review from MVD.

I received ToiBox today around 1 pm and the only reason I've put it down is so that I can write this post. It is now 5:30 pm. What is briiliant about this little prop is that not only does it come with routines that kick butt, but I have already put together 2 routines that I will undoubtedly use on numerous occasions. One is a way of handing out my business card and the other is as the ultimate out for when my less that dexterous hands slip out a break.

Jonathan, I can not thank you enough. I have always loved the Card to Box plot but hated both the price and ornate nature of John Kennedy's effect. This prop is impromtu, leaves you clean in the end, isn't bulky, and packs the same punch. I love it and would recommend it to anyone who likes powerful magic that allows for creative presentations.

My girlfiend and roommate were my first victims, and both responded instanteously with "WTF?!". They certainly won't be the last.

Sincerely,

Brett Bishop
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
814 Posts

Profile of magico
Thanks for the review. I ordered mine today and got an email that it was shipped today. Great service. Can't wait to get it.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Thanks, great review. Glad you share it with us!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Craig Kyle
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Craig Kyle
My fave magic box that cards come out of is a destination box. John Allen makes them and they are amazing and very versatile. The onlooker removes the card himslef which amazes him. John Allen was smart because he chnaged the moment of sneakiness.

I like mints and sellotape as much as the next man but I will not be buying the toi box as I like my crafted destination box. I am sure if you do a search on the Café you can see more info on this prop.
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1712 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Thank you Zak. I'm glad to here you are still enjoying your Destination Box.
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
tootall
View Profile
Regular user
Central FL
105 Posts

Profile of tootall
Quote:
On 2006-07-10 17:44, Magicmania wrote:
Yes the card can be loaded into the box by the spectator and yes they can pull it out themselves.

What card are you talking about?? Are you saying the card in the demo vid on Johnathan's site can be pulled out by the spectator??
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1187 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
The card that can be pulled out by the spectator is not sigend.

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1712 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Quote:
On 2006-07-11 09:53, fishermagic wrote:

Cody S. Fisher

Hi Cody,

Huh?

Can you elaborate a little without giving away the method? One of the big selling points is the spectator taking the card out themselves. How effective is it if the card is not signed?

Jon
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
There really isn't much to elaborate on without exposing.

Because people keep pm'ing me asking for the link here it is

http://web.mac.com/jonathankamm/iWeb/ToiBox/ToiBox.html
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
djrdjr
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, TX
226 Posts

Profile of djrdjr
Quote:
On 2006-07-11 09:53, fishermagic wrote:

Cody S. Fisher

Cody ... have you purchased the effect? If so, can you please post a longer review? The one piece of info you posted above has been less evasive and more valuable than anything else I've read on either thread about Toibox. This is the sort of info. that will allow me to make a fair evaluation of whether or not I want to purchase this effect. I am still on the fence.

Thanks!
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
Quote:
On 2006-07-11 10:55, Magicmania wrote:
There really isn't much to elaborate on without exposing.
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
Baggins
View Profile
Regular user
london
148 Posts

Profile of Baggins
I think that if the card isn't signed then that is fine. People know there are only 52 cards ina deck and if a card they picked appaears in a box then that's cool. I may get this mint tin.
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1712 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
The website states that the card is signed and ends up on the box: "First time its a surprise the second time it is under strict conditions and the spectator opens the tin and removes the card themselves"

Magicmania posted: A card is selected and signed by the spectator. It's then lost in the deck but then instantly vanishes and ends up in the magicians pocket. Then the entire deck vanishes and is found in the magicians pocket. The card is placed in the middle again, but again it vanishes and jumps into the magicians pocket, BUT this time it's folded up inside a tin. Wow! Jonathan also gives you a second phase where the spectator can pull the card out themselves."

This definitely sound like the signed card is removed by the person who signs it. As someone who has created a Card to Box where the person who signs the card actually removes their signed card for themselves and can also use it for predictions, colour change cards, multiple card discovery etc, I am very interested to know whether, in fact, they can remove their signed card as inferred.

Magicmania, I do not wish to know the method, the effect, routining or anything else. I am simply looking to know if the card the person signs is the one they remove as you have inferred. It is a major selling point so it owuld be nice if it can be cleared up once and for all. As the opnly perosn who has bought one and has made any comments, you are in the perfect position to clear up this major point. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Jon
Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
Rustington, South Coast, UK
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
As I've already said on the original thread I think this is a nice effect,i wont be purchasing this because I wouldn't use it however for $25 your getting an effect and sleights used by a pro and honed over 7 years. I could be wrong but if your expecting to be able to have a tin on the table and then let a spec take a signed card out I'm certain you'l be diapointed but hey if that were possible with an ungimmicked tin and as easy as it states I'm sure there would be a bigger price tag.....please correct me if I'm wrong. The important thing is what the spectators believe happens not what actually happens.

however I do agree this is a key selling point to many. I think I read somewhere that in the context of the card to pocket routine the signed card can be removed from the tin at some point in the routine. I'm guessing the demo does not show this as this effect relys on routine rather than gimmick and many would figure for free.
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1187 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Yes I do have this effect. The first time the card IS signed...the second time it appears there they CAN remove it but it is NOT signed. This is pretty much all I can say about it without giving away too much.

If you are looking for a CTB where the spectator can removed a "signed" card from the box themselves then I would suggest Jon Allen's version or Arthur Tivoli's version. (There are other versions out there if you look!) If you do not mind that the card is NOT signed when THEY remove it then you will be OK with this version.

I hope this clears things up...

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
Quote:
On 2006-07-11 13:33, Jon Allen wrote:
The website states that the card is signed and ends up on the box: "First time its a surprise the second time it is under strict conditions and the spectator opens the tin and removes the card themselves"

Magicmania posted: A card is selected and signed by the spectator. It's then lost in the deck but then instantly vanishes and ends up in the magicians pocket. Then the entire deck vanishes and is found in the magicians pocket. The card is placed in the middle again, but again it vanishes and jumps into the magicians pocket, BUT this time it's folded up inside a tin. Wow! Jonathan also gives you a second phase where the spectator can pull the card out themselves."

This definitely sound like the signed card is removed by the person who signs it. As someone who has created a Card to Box where the person who signs the card actually removes their signed card for themselves and can also use it for predictions, colour change cards, multiple card discovery etc, I am very interested to know whether, in fact, they can remove their signed card as inferred.

Magicmania, I do not wish to know the method, the effect, routining or anything else. I am simply looking to know if the card the person signs is the one they remove as you have inferred. It is a major selling point so it owuld be nice if it can be cleared up once and for all. As the opnly perosn who has bought one and has made any comments, you are in the perfect position to clear up this major point. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Jon

The spectator can't take out a signed selection. ONLY a nonsigned card can be taken out by the spectator. It's still really strong though.
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Toibox Review!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL