We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Toibox Review!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
ScottyJohnston
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of ScottyJohnston
Today I received my copy of Toibox and I was'nt let down. I was very impressed with the whole package. The manuscript is well written and thourghly explained with pictures to aid. The effects are all well structured and having recently performed some of them for my peers I can say I got a great reaction. I would recommend this as a great addition to any working mans repitoire.
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
Well I would like to thank everyone that has purchased ToiBox so far. The first printing sold out. I had the second edition printed today it officially includes the handling for handing out the box for examination directly after their card is removed. I also added another routine idea in the closing. Several of you have started sending me your own ideas and routines for ToiBox. I will keep them all on file and maybe write a second book of just routines. I will credit everyone for their submissions.

Thanks again, Jonathan

Posted: Jul 30, 2006 2:18pm
--------------------------------
New ToiBox Video Demo available!

Refresh page if old video still appears. You can get there through the website in my profile.

, Jonathan
Dr. Zordas
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Dr. Zordas
Quote:
On 2006-07-30 14:18, kammagic wrote:
New ToiBox Video Demo available!

Refresh page if old video still appears. You can get there through the website in my profile.

, Jonathan

Jonathan - much better ToiBox demo! Smile In fact, my order will be on it's way as long as I can have a silver mints tin...

Dr. Zordas
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
ToiBox has been updated with a new 6th routine!

Effect:
Spectator selects and signs a card. The card is lost in the deck. You show the mint tin empty and give it to the spectator to hold. You then make the signed selection vanish from the deck and appear inside the tin the spectator is holding. The spectator opens the tin, removes and unfolds the card to find it is the signed selection!

All purchasers of ToiBox have been sent a PDF of this new routine if anyone has not received it please let me know. Any new purchases of Toibox will include this new routine bound in the book. The ToiBox site has been updated as well.

Thank You, Jonathan
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7020 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I love that demo. Really nice trick. The new routine sounds great as well.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
Just read the new effect Jonathan. It's a great idea! It just could be the best effect in the booklet.

Luke
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10804 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
It is the best effect..........
and there are no gimmicks. I have played with jons new idea and I even inporoved on this for my self ....Jonathan pm me for details , your effect is a transpositon mine isn't
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
Thanks guys I am glad you are enjoying the new routine. The new routine that allows the spectator to remove their signed card is an almost perfect routine. I have been using it for the last 3 weeks at work at the restaurant. It truly seems impossible to the spectator. I'll be at the Midwest Magic Jubilee this week with plenty for sale. Hope to see some of you there.

, Jonathan
shawn popp
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver
313 Posts

Profile of shawn popp
I noticed Mr Tivoli responding on this board. No one has mentioned his version of CTB... All I can say is "outstanding!!!" My favorite version yet! (although I love the DB too) The card is signed. The spectator removes the card. period.
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
Quote:
On 2006-08-14 14:26, Shawn Griffin wrote:
I noticed Mr Tivoli responding on this board. No one has mentioned his version of CTB... All I can say is "outstanding!!!" My favorite version yet! (although I love the DB too) The card is signed. The spectator removes the card. period.

I have talked to Mr Tivoli and his box does sound great. It does work differently then ToiBox. As for the card being signed and the spectator removing their signed card from the box. This can all be done with ToiBox and is included in the new Second Edition of the book. All the people who bought the first edition were sent a pdf to update their book. Everyone loves this new routine. It starts with an empty box, a specator signs a card, its lost in the deck. You show the box empty and give it to the spectator. While they hold the box you get their signed card inside. You never come near the box. They open the box and find their signed card inside. Everything can be examined! It has become my favorite way to do ToiBox.

, Jonathan
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
I was just at Walgreens and saw their mint tins. They have (3) colors, red, green and silver. Hmmmmmm...
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
I have been trying to find what the Destination Box looks like. Have tried Jon's site and there is a magic question that I do not have the answer. I do not know how many cards are used for Proffesor's Nightmare (I thought this was a rope trick).

If someone can direct me to a place where I can see a pic (and description) I would appreciate (I have done some seaarches and keep coming to Jon's site or places with no picture).

Thanks
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1721 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Hi Meyegr,

You are no the first person to fall foul of the password question. You are right when you say Professor's Nightmare is a rope trick. As that's the case, how many cards does it use........? Smile

If you want to go directly to the dedicated page, it is at http://www.close-upmagician.com/destinationbox

Any problems, please feel free to drop me a PM.

Jon
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
Duh - you got me. Thanks
Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
252 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
Dear Shawn Griffin
Thanfs for your kind words.
I saw Jonathan, your new demo and I can tell you that with my simplex card to box, I can do exactly the same routine. My box can be used also with other props than cards...you can use it as a mentalism prop, well I can say as your box jonathan, that the simplex card to box is a very versatil prop.
Regards folks
arthur
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
silverzer0
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of silverzer0
Does anyone know how this effect differs from "Astonish Mints"?

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/astonish-m......992.html
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
Quote:
On 2006-08-20 19:51, silverzer0 wrote:
Does anyone know how this effect differs from "Astonish Mints"?

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/astonish-m......992.html

Here is a comparison chart Jonathan put up on his site. http://web.mac.com/jonathankamm/iWeb/ToiBox/Chart.html
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
silverzer0
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of silverzer0
Great, thanks! Smile

(although a bit skewed of course..)
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jonathan, I don't agree with your chart:
http://web.mac.com/jonathankamm/iWeb/ToiBox/Chart.html

You say the Mystery Box doesn't have an instant reset or can't be set up in front of the spectator or can't be examined at the end. That's not what I've found. A tap to the box and you're ready. Use Larry Davidson's idea from his Scripted Insanity DVD ( Bobkohlermagic.com ) and it's not even noticed. The gaff is so well made, they can see the box after the effect.

I think your chart is slanted heavily in favor of your own product. Just my opinion, but I use the Mystery Box and can do what you claim can't be done.

Best,
Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
silverzer0
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of silverzer0
Well, I mean, the fact that his chart is comparing his product to Kennedy's Mystery Box is funny in itself Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Toibox Review!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL