We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Toibox Review!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14 [Next]
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2315 Posts

Profile of magicmind
I just noticed this string is still going....took a look at that "comparison chart".
Quote:
All the negative comments about the chart and about ToiBox in general all come from people who have not bought it or have boxes of their own on the market so their comments are certainly motivated by other factors.

Was this put together by your research jonathan? If so, it may seem to some that it is a bit biased? From what I have read above...I think it does. IMO Smile Motivation for my comments come from understanding both sides of this discussion. Nothing negative, just an unbiased observation.
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
Quote:
On 2006-09-21 17:17, Scott Wells wrote:
Personally, I love the effect. The instructions are very clear with great photos (better than most lecture notes I have purchased at the same price). As for the trick, yeah, it's a shuttle pass, but there are some subtle tips that are in there plus a couple of variations that kill.

I have been regularly using ToiBox and its variations at my restaurant. I am surprised by the reaction that it receives. It always seems the simplest of tricks are the ones that are remembered. I don’t know who is having more fun with it…my audience or me!

And I think we should reward those who publish a good effect by buying the book/notes.

yours,
Scott

Thanks Scott!

Its nice to hear comments from someone who is actually using ToiBox. It is great fun to perform and gets amazing reactions as you have found out.

, Jonathan
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
Hey everyone I just posted a live version of ToiBox. Hard to get video footage in a dark bar but this turned out okay.
http://web.mac.com/jonathankamm/iWeb/Sec......in2.html

Posted: Oct 1, 2006 6:10pm
----------------------------
Now available on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XsZ7hQfU10

News:
I have a new routine that puts ToiBox within the abilities of even a newcomer to magic. No Mercury Fold!
In fact its the way I prefer to do it lately. Simple direct and only 3 basic sleights with no sacrifice to the strength or appearance of the routine at all. Stay tuned....
mailcold
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of mailcold
Saw the demo on the youtube.
Did not find the handling any different from Tommy Wonder's ring box ending.
Could you please explain how is your handling any different ?
can the ToiBox be shown empty afterwards ? that would be an improvement.
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
Quote:
On 2006-10-02 00:32, mailcold wrote:
Saw the demo on the youtube.
Did not find the handling any different from Tommy Wonder's ring box ending.
Could you please explain how is your handling any different?
can the ToiBox be shown empty afterward? That would be an improvement.

This is only one of many routines you can do with ToiBox. Yes the box can be handed directly to the spectator after you remove their card and it is completely empty and fully examinable. You could let them keep the tin if you wanted to. It is a regular tin. ToiBox tins are smaller then the Tommy Wonder box and fit more comfortably in your pocket. Toibox routines are much easier to perform as well. The latest routine allows the spectator to remove their signed card themselves. Its a must for any restaurant or close-up performer.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

, Jonathan

Hello,

The ToiBox book just got another update. It now includes the two new Master Routines fully illustrated with step by step photos. The Master Routine A allows the spectator to remove their signed card from the tin themselves. Master Routine B accomplishes the same routine but without having to do the Mercury Fold. It is a blast to perform. A real stress free routine which gives you more energy to put into presentation. I have used the routines extensively and the response is fantastic! I love the new version without the Mercury Fold. I use it all the time. Its so simple. The Master Routines are great for a repeat performance. If I do one of the regular routines and someone wants to see it again. I always do the Master Routine because it looks like the same trick but its accomplished in a different way which catches them completely off guard. Plus the Master Routines have a challenge type feel to them. You tell them exactly what is going to happen and what to look for and you still pull it off right under their noses.

PDFs have been sent out to all previous ToiBox buyers. If you have bought Toibox and didn't get the PDF let me know.

Thanks Everyone!
, Jonathan
erlandish
View Profile
Inner circle
Vancouver, Canada
1254 Posts

Profile of erlandish
A quick question: Has the chart been changed since the last time it was posted on magicvideodepot.com? After rereading this thread, I went back to give it another look... I remember there were some discrepancies with the Tommy Wonder Box that I thought got sorted out, but when I double-checked the chart just now, it looks like the TWB is listed as being "not easy to carry". I'm not sure if you've had a chance to check out the video, but while the TWB isn't necessarily as small as the Toibox -- having not seen yours live I have no exact basis for direct comparison -- the TWB is still small enough to fit into a jacket pocket.

Just curious. I may have seen the wrong version of this chart. If that category was always there and I neglected to mention it the last time, I apologize for missing it.
The Jester Extraordinaire : bderland.com
Ye Olde Magick Blogge : erlandish.blogspot.com
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
erlandish
View Profile
Inner circle
Vancouver, Canada
1254 Posts

Profile of erlandish
Oh, I'm sure Kam's box is easy to carry. I just wanted to see if Tommy Wonder's Box was still being listed as NOT easy to carry, because that's not necessarily true.
The Jester Extraordinaire : bderland.com
Ye Olde Magick Blogge : erlandish.blogspot.com
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
The point was that ToiBox is the easiest to carry of all the boxes. The wonder box is small but the ToiBox tin is half the size of the Wonder Box.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10720 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Toi box has tons of applacations. it is great for walk around as well.
there are many versions of card to box . I happn to like the simplicity of jons handling,
you will not go wrong getting toi box
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Mülheim an der Ruhr / Germany
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Is it true that at the end the box which contains a folded card can be opened by the spexcttor? I can hardly imagine this. I was watching his live act of toibox at youtube.
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
Yes, absolutely! The card can be signed and at the end the spectator opens the tin and removes their own card. There are many ways to do ToiBox. There is a constant evolution of new moves, ideas and routines as well. Its such a simple little prop that it lends itself to many creative possibilities.

NEWS:
To all previous ToiBox Buyers I have 10 new moves to be put in the book as well as 6 new routines.
The moves include a super clean and simple to do tin switch, secret card loading and stealing techniques even a Tin flourish. The routines include dollar bills, dice, a great ACR ending and 3 new card routine ideas.

...stay tuned.
JasonDean
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of JasonDean
Ok, after playing with this for quite some time now I am pleased to say this booklet is great! The routines are well constructed and I have a hard time picking out which one I want to perform. I love nearly all of them! Johnathan, this is great material.
Thank you for this,

Jason Dean
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10720 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Jon I never seen so much mileage from one effect .//
toi box has tons of applications
vinny
Come check out my magic.

Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Went into Victoria's Secrets over Christmas and discovered three small mint tins all different in color (one black, one pink and the other, I think, is silver). They are almost identical in size to the small box that Jonathan sends with the ToiBox manuscript. The length is identical and the width is maybe 1/4"-3/8" wider.

The VS boxes are $2.75 each or 2 for $5.00. Each box is titled "Sexy little Mints" and each has a fake 1/4 carat diamond in the upper right hand corner of the lid. Kind of classy looking. I picked up a black box and a pink box. There's just GOT to be a way to work the "Sexy little Mints" wording on the box into a routine. And, like Jonathan was mentioning in a prior post (about two of his mint tins fitting into a poker size card box), well two of these VS mint tins will also just exactly fit inside of a poker size card box.

These boxes are a perfect replacement size if you damage or lose the box that Johanthan sends with the ToiBox manuscript.

Personally, I love the small size of the original box. I think it strengthens the card to box effect to be using a box this small--and the smallness is charming to boot and easy to carry.

Add to that the fact that the manuscript is very well laid out and well written AND the fact that Jonathan is constantly providing prior purchasers with updated handlings and ideas via .pdf files and I don't see how a person can go wrong with this purchase.

Does that mean that the Destination Box is a piece of sh** and should not be used? No, of course not. Is the Destination Box a great prop? Yes. Must this discussion about the ToiBox and the Destination Box be a "Mutually Exclusive Knock Down Drag-out Winer Take All" discussion? No!! Different strokes for different folks.

Just, IMHO.

Mike

P.S. Just a thought: For your "more affluent" women audience members, if the "right" situation presents itself, I can possibly see giving out an empty VS box (with the signed card inside) as a souvenir. (Just be careful and make it very clear that you are not "hitting" on the lady.) Additionally, perhaps fold up your business card and also include it in the box. Just seems like a natural for generating a larger tip and, for potential future private parties, keeping your business card from getting thrown away or lost. Naaah. It would never work.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
Quote:
On 2007-01-02 04:35, Turk wrote:
Went into Victoria's Secrets over Christmas and discovered three small mint tins all different in color (one black, one pink and the other, I think, is silver). They are almost identical in size to the small box that Jonathan sends with the ToiBox manuscript. The length is identical and the width is maybe 1/4"-3/8" wider.

The VS boxes are $2.75 each or 2 for $5.00. Each box is titled "Sexy little Mints" and each has a fake 1/4 carat diamond in the upper right hand corner of the lid. Kind of classy looking. I picked up a black box and a pink box. There's just GOT to be a way to work the "Sexy little Mints" wording on the box into a routine. And, like Jonathan was mentioning in a prior post (about two of his mint tins fitting into a poker size card box), well two of these VS mint tins will also just exactly fit inside of a poker size card box.

These boxes are a perfect replacement size if you damage or lose the box that Johanthan sends with the ToiBox manuscript.

Wow! that's a great find. Thanks Turk. I immediately went searching for them and I found a pic below.

Click here to view attached image.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10720 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Wow I rushed over to get a few tins yesterday I had the store clerk pick a card the ace of spades she signed it
it was lost in the pack..
I opened the tin and a singned thong fell out another great effect for toi box lol
vinny
Come check out my magic.

Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2007-01-02 10:46, vinsmagic wrote:
Wow I rushed over to get a few tins yesterday I had the store clerk pick a card the ace of spades she signed it
it was lost in the pack..
I opened the tin and a singned thong fell out another great effect for toi box lol
vinny

Ha-ha! In your dreams, Vinny. Only in your dreams. (grin)

Actually that got me thinking about a routine. I'll PM Jonathan and if he approves and doesn't think that a public forum discussion would expose (sorry, no pun intneded) the Toi Box methodology, I'll post it on here on the Café.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
Just picked me up some Vicky Mints. They are a great size. Not sure what I will do with them.
http://homepage.mac.com/jonathankamm/sexymints2.jpg
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1268 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
After 8 years Smile

Is there any video demo for this?

Thank you
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Toibox Review!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL