The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Toibox Review!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..12~13~14 [Next]
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10765 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hey guys I know Jonathan form MVD he is a very creditable person. So please give this effect a chance, The people who purchased it will give honorable reviews good or bad...... I stated earlier that the effect was a old idea but his handling was excellent but perhaps it was to pricey ... So lets wait as see and give him a chance he deserves...
the godfather
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2423 Posts

Profile of magicmind
I used something like this years ago in a restaurant. So let me ask this:

for a color change(no signed of course) , surely you do not put the box back on the table after you "dump" the card out. Do you?

Just "magician helping magician" advice here
...nice and simple site...description is worded the same as most used to be in catalogs years ago (imply)
As far as the demo....real world performance would be TONS better. The stepping back and moving your hands out of frame scream the obvious, where real world demo might not.
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
Quote:
On 2006-07-12 14:56, magicmind wrote:

Just "magician helping magician" advice here
...nice and simple site...description is worded the same as most used to be in catalogs years ago (imply)
As far as the demo....real world performance would be TONS better. The stepping back and moving your hands out of frame scream the obvious, where real world demo might not.

Yes I agree a live performance video would be best. It is quite a conundrum to be able to do a video of this with out giving away anything.

Thanks, Jonathan
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1718 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Quote:
On 2006-07-12 14:23, kammagic wrote:
Jon Allen's Destination Box is a great effect and ToiBox is not a replacement for it.

Destination box and ToiBox are both Card in box effects just like a car and a truck are both vehicles. What makes one better then the other is how each of them satisfies each individuals needs. Should everyone go out and buy ToiBox? Yes that would be great but in reality ToiBox is not for everyone. This is not a competition. ToiBox is simply a unique handling of a classic effect I have been having wonderful success with and I wanted to pass that on to others.

What happened to "The Magic Café" "Magician's Helping Magician's"

, Jonathan

I agree with you Jonathan. Both have different places in the marketplace and it is not a competition between the two. The comparisons came because of the "spectator removes their card" line.

I would still like to hear reviews of Toibox from people who have used it!

Jon
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
Rustington, South Coast, UK
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
I really think this is yet another occassion where people are expecting miracles for next to no money. most semi knowledgeable magicians can figure out the basics but your getting a handful of working routines from a pros repotoire.

Lets use a bit of common sense. if it were possible to actually load a signed folded card into an ungimmicked box without looking guilty, it'd be tricky....then poeple would be complaining about how difficult or unatural it was. setting up with the unsigned card then doing it signed makes sense to me. This routine is simple and well priced. As for the demo. it gives a basic idea of what you can do without giving away the actual routine for nothing.hands do go out of frame but it is obvious that you don't actually perform it like this, I'm sure the actual sleights are taught. I'm guessing if done well the spectator will swear the signed card was in the box.

What did we ever do before the internet and broadband.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6998 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I suppose I want a few more detailed reviews regarding the routines. If I am going to pay $25 for an ungimmicked tin box and a few routines, the routines had better be really good.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10765 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Jon why don't you support jonathan and buy his effect this might inhance your effect and jonathan can buy your effect. charlie c said your effect will pay for itself in a couple of gigs.... Magicians helping magicians.I for one have bought your material and you never receprecated... I started a post years ago that your effect dou le back was the best small packet trick of the year. never even a thank you.
this is what it means magicians helping others
the godfather
Come check out my magic.

Craig Kyle
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Craig Kyle
Maybe your tricks suck?
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10765 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Maybe the do suck...
so does your face
Come check out my magic.

magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2423 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Vinny, WOw harsh words from newbie zak. But of course his profile says interests "magic duh" so he may think your magic sux, but according to his profile, his is stupid magic. Just an observation.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6998 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Ease up there, Zak. That's a little harsh. Vinny is an excellent guy and a da** good magician. He has contributed many fantastic ideas to the magic community. And has even given some away for free. I expressed an interest in his Warped and Restored trick. He sent me a VHS of the handling and wouldn't even let me pay for it. Now THAT'S a magician helping a magician.

Back to ToiBox...
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
Maybe your tricks suck?

What a silly statement to interject in the middle of a serious conversation.
You look quite foolish for not knowing what Vinny contributes to the Café.
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
Quote:
On 2006-07-12 16:14, zak plumb wrote:
Maybe your tricks suck?

Zak you are totally out of line. But it does show us that we can disregard any comments you make.
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1718 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Quote:
On 2006-07-12 16:05, vinsmagic wrote:
Jon why don't you support jonathan and buy his effect this might inhance your effect and jonathan can buy your effect. charlie c said your effect will pay for itself in a couple of gigs.... Magicians helping magicians.

Hi Vinny,

You'd have to ask Jonathan if he'd be happy with buying my $250 item in return for me buying his $24.95 item!

Magicians helping magicians? I pointed out to Peter Eggink that the description of his effect, Exit, was misleading. He took the comments on board and changed the description. He didn't see it as "having a go" or as something detrimental to his effect. It might seem strange but I believe people on here, including me, are actually trying to to help Jonathan with his item. People have pointed out that he could well sell more if people could see something they can actually do with what they are looking to buy.

Now surely someone else has got Toibox and can post a review?
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10765 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hi Jon don;t get me wrong his effect is misleading,,, I was only commenting on his handlings which is a little different and I liked it but the effect is a very old idea.I hope you do not thing I was bashing any one I am not,,,,
Your effects have been excellent and the price will more than pay for it self as charlie c already mentioned,
I am not a gimmick person so no matter how good the effect I stay clear but this is just me...
also it is difficult to sell another persons effect for 25 bucks and I told this to jonathan. I thought an downloadable ebook with the handling made sense..
vinny
Come check out my magic.

Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2006-07-12 16:14, zak plumb wrote:
Maybe your tricks suck?

Attacking someone who's so giving and well-respected isn't such a good idea. Of course you might just be stressed with your incredible tax burden given this posting.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1539 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Quote:
On 2006-07-12 16:30, vinsmagic wrote:
Maybe the do suck...
so does your face

Smile Smile I just squirted milk out of my nose laughing so hard. D*** you Vinny
Craig Kyle
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Craig Kyle
Quote"Maybe the do suck...
so does your face"endquote

That was a horrible thing to say. I have suffered from a bells palsey which made my face look a bit,wrong. This is something I am quite nervous about.

I was only suggesting that Mr Allen didn't want your tricks because they suck. I don t know for definite tht they do suck. I will look into it. Maybe you could send me a VHS of your tricks?

I am dissapointed that everybody chose to gang up on me. I don't visit the Café enough to know that some members are above critisism. My bad.
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
Quote:
On 2006-07-12 19:35, zak plumb wrote:
Quote"Maybe the do suck...
so does your face"endquote

That was a horrible thing to say. I have suffered from a bells palsey which made my face look a bit,wrong. This is something I am quite nervous about.

I was only suggesting that Mr Allen didn't want your tricks because they suck. I don t know for definite tht they do suck. I will look into it. Maybe you could send me a VHS of your tricks?

I am dissapointed that everybody chose to gang up on me. I don't visit the Café enough to know that some members are above critisism. My bad.

Critisism? Saying someone's tricks suck is not critisism.
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I've been doing this for about a year with the same mint box that I found in Walgreens. ( Instead of a palm, I do the Mercury fold ).

But, I switched over the the Mystery Box II a few moinths ago. I love showing the box empty. If you don't care about that, then using a mint box is very strong.

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Toibox Review!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL