The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » VBS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicalbear
View Profile
New user
Missouri, USA
32 Posts

Profile of magicalbear
I have been doing magic stuff for several years, but without the Power. I recently saw the error of my ways, and was saved and decided that this could be why God wanted me. To use my skills as a magician to witness. Anyway, I have become quite active in my church, and did some walk around magic. I would like to do some gospel related magig for VBS in a month. I am planning to do coin in bottle, because the kids are collecting nickels in water bottles for a missionary. I am planning on ordering a few things from dock, but wanted some patter for some common ones.

The VBS is based on the life of Paul. Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance
JerBear
Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Cincinnati, OH, USA
644 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
Life of Paul is a huge subject. Best to whittle that down. Ask the VBS director to let you look at a teacher manual and then look at the unit titles. Coming up with one idea for each unit would do the trick (pun intended).

As for patter ideas for common tricks, check out the thread "What’s your favorite effect for spreading the word?"
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Cincinnati, OH, USA
paulmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia, now In New Zealand
290 Posts

Profile of paulmagic
Give us more details on the subject matter / focus of each individual lesson. I am sure there will be many here who can come up with loads of ideas.
Many Blessings!!

Paul
magicalbear
View Profile
New user
Missouri, USA
32 Posts

Profile of magicalbear
OK..I did get the program for the first three nights. The entire theme, is Chosen, which should be pretty easy, but I would still love to have input. Here we go

Day 1: Chosen - Paul's Conversion and Escape from Damascus Acts 9:1-30

Day 2: You Can't Keep A Good Man Down - Stoned and left for dead at Lystra Acts 14:1-20

Day 3: Jail House Rock-Don't have this yet,

Day 4: Where in the World is Mars Hill? - Paul preaches to the Areopagus in Athens Acts 17:13-24

Day 5: An all expense paid trip to Rome - Don't have this yet either

I really appreciate the help
magicalbear
View Profile
New user
Missouri, USA
32 Posts

Profile of magicalbear
Day 3 jail house rock - Paul and Silas out of the philippian jail - acts 16:11-40

day 5 all expense paid trip to rome - paul goes to rome & his prison experience there primary application, when we trust in the power of Christ, we can be truly content, no matter what the circumstances of our life

Sorry about the double post, guess I shouldn't use the back button.

I have cardiographic, uneven ropes, cards, cups and balls, hopping halves, several others, I have all of Ammar's vids, and his books
Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Cincinnati, OH, USA
644 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
Day 1 - Chosen - Use a magicians choice/prediction routine
Day 2 - You Can't Keep A Good Man Down - use a science based experiment where things float instead of sink
Day 3 - Jail House Rock - siberian chain escape or any rope escape

these are my ideas for now. as far as patter, the more you practice the effect and try to put the patter in tune with the lesson, the easier it will flow and soon you'll have it!
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Cincinnati, OH, USA
magicalbear
View Profile
New user
Missouri, USA
32 Posts

Profile of magicalbear
Thanks for your input. I will work on that tonight....
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
With the jail escape, I use the silk penetration thru the bottomof a solid glass effect, it is in Tarbells silk magic, sorry can't recall the actual volume. Basically you put paul silk in the bottom of a glass, put another silk on top(the guards), cover the top of the glass with another silk(prison door), with an elastic holding it to the rim of the glass(the prison lock), then mysteriously paul penetrates thru the bottom of the glass, you can show the bottom of the glass solid before and after the effect, and the glass isn't gimmacked at all only one of the silks...PM me if you need more info
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
magicalbear
View Profile
New user
Missouri, USA
32 Posts

Profile of magicalbear
Well to all that wondered, I just finished with the week of VBS, but did not have time to perform much. Did a couple of coin tricks (one spur of the moment, cause the minister made a comment about sleight of hand, and we were making clay coins). And I did a nice little hopping halves routine. I also had fun with the coin in bottle, becausew the kids were collecting nickels in a water bottle for the offering. The kids were mostly amazed:)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » VBS (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL