We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Fillman principle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jonathanmc
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas, NV
209 Posts

Profile of Jonathanmc
Can anyone pm me on what this is. I found a reference to it in one of Richard Webster's books.

Thank you
Richard Paddon
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Richard Paddon
Have pm'd you.

I met Bob Fillman during the late 1970's, while he lived in Australia.

Cheers,

Richard
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
415 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
For some great effects using the principle, check out Chazpro's Telepathy cards.

http://www.chazpro.com/Product_Line/Prod......elepathy

This is for me on eof the really great principles of magic, and Telepthy cards puts it to really good use.
Maddened
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Maddened
I've come across this a couple of times too and not being able to find anything about it didn't really care about it anymore, so could I trouble Richard Paddon (or anyone else for that matter) to PM me about this? I don't need an explanation of the principle per se, but providing a reference to where I can find it would be great help (and without having to buy a whole new trick!). Thanks!
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
415 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
To put it simply, and without giving anything too much away (I hope), it is a principle that means you can tell which way up a piece of card is without having to see it. ie, it could be in an envelope.

If the moderators feel this is exposure of any kind - then please delete/remove as required...
santlerconjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of santlerconjurer
This has been completely explained (without the moderators deleting exposures) in another thread.

Search "Menta Maze" and you'll find everything.
Maddened
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Maddened
Ah thanks for pointing me the way...

EDIT: I did a search and realised it's probably in the Inner Thoughts forum which I can't access yet. But thanks anyway for the replies. Smile
Richard Paddon
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Richard Paddon
Hi Maddened,

Have pm'd you. Hope it helps.

Richard
Maddened
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Maddened
Quote:
On 2006-07-20 04:31, Richard Paddon wrote:
Hi Maddened,

Have pm'd you. Hope it helps.

Richard

Thank you! I have to admit this is a wonderful principle. Kudos to Fillman for giving us something precious like this. Shame that it's not as widely used as it should be. Thanks again!
mchiko07
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of mchiko07
Where I can find the roots of this principle? Thanks!
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Try to find and buy the above mentioned Telepathy Cards...or search for an effect with 5 colored cards in 5 envelopes. They're about $3 a set (probably $10 by now). Performing it will teach you all about it with the minimum outlay of cash...

..or did you mean the origins? That would be Mr. Fillman.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2600 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
13 Steps
nlokers
View Profile
Regular user
Grand Rapids, MI
143 Posts

Profile of nlokers
I do believe that in Osterlinds 13 steps DVD set that he tells you how to make your own.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2600 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Just like the book!
nlokers
View Profile
Regular user
Grand Rapids, MI
143 Posts

Profile of nlokers
Yeah, only if I remember correctly, in the book they talk about making some weird concoction that you have to apply to the paper. Osterlind tells you how to just use plain poster board and nothing else. I could be wrong, but I swear I was just looking at that chapter in 13 steps just a few weeks ago, and Osterlind's method wasn't metioned.
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Quote:
On 2011-01-04 21:30, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
Try to find and buy the above mentioned Telepathy Cards...or search for an effect with 5 colored cards in 5 envelopes. They're about $3 a set (probably $10 by now). Performing it will teach you all about it with the minimum outlay of cash...

Think those were called "Thought Blots" The new ESP and Psychic Reading Cards circa 1980 at lest that's what the instructions say. I have the Instructions never seen the cards. SmileWhat's a feller to do!
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1946 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Have had this effect since the 1970s and it slays people. Works nicely with a pendulum and other distracting artefacts.

Check out 357 from Alakazam....
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1739 Posts

Profile of jakeg
The first time that I saw this principal in print was in a book written by Ed Mellon.
oliver_wolf
View Profile
New user
Germany
19 Posts

Profile of oliver_wolf
Does anybody know (or have an idea) about the use of the Fillman principle with other objects then cards.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2011-05-20 05:24, oliver_wolf wrote:
Does anybody know (or have an idea) about the use of the Fillman principle with other objects then cards.

The principle is based on a unique property of the cards themselves so I'm having trouble making sense of your question.

Good thoughts,

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Fillman principle (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL