The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » The power of coin sleights!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

**Roper**
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
170 Posts

Profile of **Roper**
The other day I was dispatched as a secondary officer in reference to a four-year-old boy wondering the streets alone. Upon arrival, I met with a mother and her kids, who found the boy and reported to the Police Department. They told myself and the other officer he was walking in the middle of the roadway and no one was with him. They were with him for over thirty minuets prior to our arrival and could not get him to say a word, as far as where he lived and what his name was. They tried questioning him in Spanish and English and got no response. The primary officer stayed with the boy, while I drove the streets in hopes to find someone looking for him. Another thirty minuets went by and we had no luck. Every time he was asked a question he would dip his head down and close his eyes.

I thought to myself, “how in the heck are we going to find his parents?”, who by the way have not called the police to report him missing. Then it hit me, show him some magic. I pulled out a coin and how the tables turned. I showed him a couple of coin sleights and in seconds he was telling me a story about how he once saw a magician make a yellow scarf disappear. He then finally told us what his name was and his mother's name. The other officer conducted a name check and found his home address. The four-year-old boy had wondered over a mile from his house on his own. Officers transported him to his house and found his mother frantically looking for him outside. She thought he was hiding somewhere around the house. Thankfully to say it all turned out with a happy ending thanks to the power of magic. I am so great full to know some coin sleights because it really helped in this instance. I just wanted to share this story with all you fellow coin magicians.

Charles
W.F. Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of W.F. Lewis
Good work man!!

Any charges pressed against the parents??
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Bravo, Charles. You might be interested to know that Sol Stone and Reed McClintock have similar stories to tell. It's the healing power of coinmagic, baby.

Time to step up to the next level. Let us know when you use a coin trick to sweat out a confession. Smile
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I thought of the Sol Stone story when I read this as well. Never heard Reed McClintoks story.

Great story Charles. I can't imagine how scared that boy, not to mention his Mother, were. Glad it all ended well.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8991 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Way ta go, Charles. Smile Everything we need is usually always somewhere in our pockets...and usually with a little magic we can capture the hearts and minds of men, even the imagination of a small child and the eventual overwhelming happiness of his mom. All that with a coin...Now that's real magic. Good work, Officer. Smile -MB
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
BooRadley
View Profile
Regular user
Houston Area
176 Posts

Profile of BooRadley
You know, Charles, next time we get together for a photo/magic session, you should bring your uniform and get some shots in it as well. I can see it now...

The Magic of Officer Roper...defying the laws of nature, while upholding the laws of the land. Making Texas safe...for the rest of us.

Heh, heh...

BooRadley
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Yes sir, that is real magic! Excellent!
Where I go, so do my coins.....
Pachin
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Pachin
I want to cry...
**Roper**
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
170 Posts

Profile of **Roper**
No...no charges were filed. We were all just pleased that the boy was safe in his mother’s arms.
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
Great story, thanks for sharing.
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
Thank you for sharing that story. Very inspirational.
Magic is fun!!!
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1930 Posts

Profile of Platt
Very cool. Now and then I'll do a coins across for a homeless person asking for money. Then, just when they're expecting me to give them the coins, I'll make them vanish and laugh at the person. Relax, I'm joking. I'll give it to them. It really brings out their humanity. It's hard to keep a stoic expression when you're amazed. Try it sometime. You'll be amazed yourself.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » The power of coin sleights!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL