The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Luke Jermay- Central Reservation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I got this several days ago now, and it seems to be a winner in my books. You get a very simple 4 page pdf document. To start, you can not do this with a borrowed deck, and it is a one time effect. I.e. You wont be performing this effect at every table.
There is quite a big set up, and the deck can only be used for this effect, but the effect was designed by Luke as he uses it, so it is with the stage or parlour mentalist in mind, who wont be performing lots of card effects
As I said before, it is a very simple pdf document which you download at the end of the payment menus. The manuscript has no pictures, but they aren't necessary. The performance is broken down in to steps, and is not complicated. I find this a hard manuscript to review itself as it is very basic, but, that doesn't matter too much as the effect says what it does on the tin. Luke does offer an alternative ending to the effect which I shall not divuldge into, but leave a secret. All in all, a nice effect described well, and I'm sure mentalists will love it. Be warned though Close up guys, this may not be for you. If you get it, you will have to play around with the performance a bit to make it work

As for the reset, well, it will take a couple of minutes, but I wouldnt advise resetting it, but that is my opinion, make a few decks up if you want to do it at a couple of tables if that is how you intend to perform it

If you need any questions, feel free to ask
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Thanks a lot Christopher for your review !
Excellent trick but not very practical :-(
I the right circonstance, it's a killer ! A deck switch after a few tricks...

Nicolas
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Hmm.. interesting.
Is there a link to this effect?
Thanks
Guillaume Vallée
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Guillaume Vallée
Quote:
On 2006-07-13 09:07, Phil Chau Kin Man wrote:
Hmm.. interesting.
Is there a link to this effect?
Thanks

http://www.alakazam-usa.com/acatalog/Downloads.html
Guillaume Vallée
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Guillaume Vallée
Would this work in another language?
(french..?)

Thank you in advance
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Ofcourse. As long as you can read and understand the instructions, you can add your own presentation etc on it, and perform it in ANY language you like.
www.magicman13.co.uk

doiron
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of doiron
I just got this yesterday and I'm very happy with it. I made up a deck (easy to do) and gave it a couple of practice runs. I suspect it will get a terrific response when I show it to muggles.

Not really for strolling unless you want it in the arsenal for a regular customer who's seen most of your stuff. It would be great in a formal close up show where a switch is easy.
Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
Can someone please describe generally the effect?

Thanks,
Cody
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Here is the effect:

The Magician hands a small packet of cards to three separate members of his audience. Each spectator spreads their cards and merely thinks of one. They then each shuffle their respective packets, shuffle the packets into one another and replace the cards into the centre of the deck. The first spectator is asked to name their card. The Magician spells the name of the selection out loud, dealing one card for each letter. Despite the impossible circumstances, the card on the final letter is their selection.

To avoid any accusation of tricky dealing, the Magician hands the deck to the second spectator, who names their selection and spells the name, again, dealing one card for each letter. Once again the final card of the deal is their mental selection.

To finish, the final spectator is handed the pack and asked to deal, but to spell the name of his card in his head rather than out loud. Despite the unnamed card being freely mentally selected, the Magician reveals the name of the thought of card with 100% accuracy and no fishing.

For good measure, the final card also rests in the correct spelling position.
www.magicman13.co.uk

Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
Christopher, sounds great! I can't wait to get my hands on this. I know the deck is set up, but is it just a matter of taking cards from different decks or gimmicking it such as r**** and s*****? Is it examinable?

Cody
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
This sounds like an inferior version of Andy Nyman's Dead of Night.
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On 2006-07-15 18:31, Magicsquared wrote:
This sounds like an inferior version of Andy Nyman's Dead of Night.

Because it is. Maybe with Alakazam and Nyman blessings,yet it is.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

No r**** and s*****, no wires, no magnets, no trapdoors. You make up your own deck, in what ever brand of cards you like. This being said, it is not examinable.
www.magicman13.co.uk

Franky
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Franky
Hi Christopher,

>>>No r**** and s*****, no wires, no magnets, no trapdoors. You make up your own >>>deck, in what ever brand of cards you like

Could you please be so kind and and tell me if I can perform this routine in german language ???????

Thanks

Franky
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-07-14 03:58, Christopher Williams wrote:
Ofcourse. As long as you can read and understand the instructions, you can add your own presentation etc on it, and perform it in ANY language you like.

:)
www.magicman13.co.uk

Eva
View Profile
Regular user
Magicienne
125 Posts

Profile of Eva
Quote:

....but the spelling of the cards is different in another language.....still sure it will work?
"Believe it, or believe it not!" ~ Manuel Muerte

(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
I saw Luke Jermay perform in Edinburgh a couple years ago.

I hope I saw him on a VERY bad day.

He's probaby a better consultant than performer...some people are.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-07-17 05:08, Eva wrote:
Quote:

....but the spelling of the cards is different in another language.....still sure it will work?

Not 100% as I don't know all other languages, but it can be adjusted accordingly. If not, I'm sure another presentation can be found. Like card at any number
www.magicman13.co.uk

duarte007
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of duarte007
Nice picture with DB Chris, he's a genuinely nice guy, and he makes your head spin with ideas when you talk to him, so does Luke. Lucky enough to have had to opportuntiy to have sat and talked to both of them and see them work, so I'm just saying what I saw too. And somepeople are better speed bumps than commentators.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Luke is one of the brightest and creative minds in mentalism today. I think all Lukes material is great, that being said, he isn't the best of performers in my opinion, but its nice that he releases his awesome effects, as people who are great at presenting magic can turn these into killers!!!

Derren is very down to earth and a genuinely nice guy. I have not met Luke yet properly, though I would like to. But I have met Derren many times now and is a big influence not only as a Magician/Mentalist role model, but as a person in general
www.magicman13.co.uk

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Luke Jermay- Central Reservation (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL