We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Help! Making video. Ideas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Supriemer
View Profile
New user
South Bend, IN
50 Posts

Profile of Supriemer
Here is what I need help with: I need to make a video, no longer than 8 minutes. The theme for the video, is "IDENTITY." That is really what the though part is. I know that just doing what you do is considered identity. But, I was trying to come up with something clever, that can be seen as 'identity' to the viewers. The kind of magic I do is mostly card, rope, close up, and minimal grand illusion work. The problem I come across is that close up would be hard to do, because I may have to perform this on a stage. I was also thinking that I could use a live-feed camera projected onto a screen if I decide to do close up magic. I also think that a mental effect would be great, but I am not that familiar with that area. Any questions or suggestions, would be gladly appreciated. Thanks all, in advance! Smile
"Kristopher Supriemer"

"Good things come to those who wait...but only what's left by those who hustle."
bigplumbz
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of bigplumbz
OOH! you could learn some cold reading skills if you have time to study, this would be nice as it appears that you are telling someone their identity without even knowing them. Bob cassidy's stage effect on his vid(mental miracles) also comes to mind, a person thinks of a friend they haven't thought of in years, Bob names it. Another person thinks of their dead animal, Bob names it.a nother person draws a picture, Bob draws the same! Very cool..very nice looking on stage.
let us know how it goes...or any more details you can give, I will think of more ideas
Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, New York
182 Posts

Profile of Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
You could also use a Jumbo Deck to perform a card trick on stage. Obviously, you can't do complicated sleight of hand with a Jumbo deck, but some simple effects with a good story might work.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
You may find some useful information on Anne Whites Web Pages related to Promo videos.
Dennis Michael
Supriemer
View Profile
New user
South Bend, IN
50 Posts

Profile of Supriemer
That's a good site to help make the video better! Thanks!
"Kristopher Supriemer"

"Good things come to those who wait...but only what's left by those who hustle."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Help! Making video. Ideas? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL