The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Cool effects incorporating a Ouija board??? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicjack1977
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
213 Posts

Profile of magicjack1977
Does anyone know of any cool effects that incorporate a spirit board?? My sister is really into them and is wanting to conduct a Seance to contact my mother who recently passed away. I don't believe in them to be honest and find the whole thing to be a bit laughable, but I love my sister and my mom so I'm willing to do it, but I was wondering if there were any effects that I could throw in to entertain the 12+ people that will be in attendance.

Thanks in advance guys!!!
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Maybe you could shim the planchette and use an m5. All you really need is some IT and your imagination.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Don't do it. I know you can, you know you can, but resist the urge. Wait until another time when you are having the seance as a party game and are not trying to contact someone you both knew and loved. Don't mess with your sister's grief. It's not your place to entertain the believers. Better stay away from it than publicly mocking your sister's beliefs. My opinion.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Listen to Spellbinder!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
If you feel you must, Brohter Shadow seance, will take place only in the sitters minds and can be very healing.
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
I would not suggest doing it for such serious reasons too.
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
I agree with the others here...

Don't do it as a trick...you could easily say the wrong thing.

If you wish, Brother Shadow's seance would work here...you have to read it to understand.

This all is heavy stuff, better left alone.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
4 words,"Wrong time, wrong place."

But if you are interested in learning good magick for another time, TALES FROM THE TALKING BOARD by Jim Magus. (Jim is a member here.)

Tony
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
456 Posts

Profile of scolman
Yup! Stay clear. A few years ago I was doing a pendulum routine with some friends at a dinner party. No-one else new about ideo-motor responses and I convinced them all that messages from the spirit world were being channelled using the pendulum.
I had forgotten that one of my friends had recently lost a loved one and she ended up crying uncontrollably after she held the pendulum and asked a "secret question".
It took ages to calm her down and in an attempt to undo the harm, I explained the method/principle - that just made things worse as she then accused me of taking advantage of her feelings and beliefs just to entertain others.........bad move!

On the upside though (in more appropriate circumstances) I can strongly recommend Jim Magus' book mentioned by Tony above.

If you want ready made Ouija effects, see if you can find Leland Stone's Spirit Spelling board (the whole board floats up) or the Fabrice Delaure Mystic Ouija (a mentalism effect)

I've got a new Ouija effect coming out in the store at month end where the planchette moves without anyone being near it (or the board). PM me if you want more info.

Simon
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
Ok maybe I should be wearing a dunce hat but....
If they are willing to sit around a ouija board
I'd drop a bomb on em! But hey..thats me.

Magickman
What man knows he calls Science
What he has yet to learn he calls Magick
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Heck - you can end up causing a hell of a lot of chaos and you will be wading into a potential mine-field of psychebombs...

My opinion - if your sister is really gung-ho to do this as a way to help the bereavement process (like in the denial stage)... my humble opinion is don't do any magic at all - use it "straight" i.e. in the context you describe - this is not for entertainment - it is some sort of bit of process in grieving IMHO and let your sister be in charge, follow the classic instructions of the board - and that is that... then ideomotor/or spirits from beyond, whatever you want to believe, can be the sole source of the action.

My condolenses on the passing of your mother by the way. I hope you and your family are getting the support you need as you go through this phase in your lives.

All the best,

Dr S
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
May as well add I agree with Spellbinder.What a callous awful idea magickjack1977.Spend you renergies talking to your sister,explaining a piece of wood isn't going to help her grieve.Nor is it going to contact anyone!
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
I wouldn't play with that either. I perform mostly psychic type magic and mentalism and I've had some crazy reactions. I posted this on another subject but scroll down and read STRONG KIND OF MAGIC and THE CURSE on my blog: http://mohanathoughts.blogspot.com/2006_......ive.html

Anabelle
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
On another note. Some experts in the parapsychology department discourage the use of ouija boards all together. They say that when you open up yourself to those things anything can come through. No matter if you believe in it or not, Lou Gentile has some very scary "real" recordings and reportsabout this kind of thing. You're trying to contact the spirit of your deceased mother and you get beelzebub masquerading as mom and he won't go away.
I don't know if these things are real or not but it sure does make life more interesting to think that they are.

for you ghost and demonology buffs out there here is a great link to scare the pants off of you.
http://www.lougentile.com/
mrnavyblue
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of mrnavyblue
I was thinking of making sum ouija board effects but after consulting quite a few ppl into the spiritual side of things seriously don't mess about. if your doing a real seance then just go through it (im no expert) but usually when you conduct a seance if ppl are watching the seance wont work because there not part of the circle or something like tht ... I don't know I only looked into it once

but yeah if its your sisters doing. let her try and don't take advantage!
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Magicjack1977

Listen to Spellbinders advice:
Quote:
Don't mess with your sister's grief

Ouija effects are fine, I have no problem with that but most definitely NOT to trick your sister at such a time.

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
And don't use a ouija in connection of your collection of Sumerian demon statues, like Pazuzu.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hey, I happen to own a Pazazu statuette - forgot about that connection with Captian Howdy Smile - Thanks Curator Smile
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
juggling1
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
196 Posts

Profile of juggling1
Ive had some exepriences with ouija boards where Ive had reasons to think I communicated with sprits. The crreepy part is I don't know if they were honest about who they were. Regaurdless nothing good came from it and lets just say I havn't played with one since and would recomend the same.
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
I use a ouija board in a seance. Nothing happens (usually!)with the board, but afterward, when I am doing something else, the planchette suddenly moves by itself. I also have a Pazuzu statue. I don't keep them together or use them in the same routine.
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Cool effects incorporating a Ouija board??? (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL