The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Zig Zag Dove (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Anybody own & use the ZigZag Dove trick? I interested to hear from anyone that uses it as to their thoughts on it.
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Who makes this effect?
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
magic_man204
View Profile
Veteran user
north idaho
350 Posts

Profile of magic_man204
It is sold by Amos Levlovitch.
magic_man204
View Profile
Veteran user
north idaho
350 Posts

Profile of magic_man204
Hey MorningStar have you gotten those meal worms yet?
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
1378 Posts

AAAAAAAAAARG! Not yet. I picked up a box two weeks ago, drove them around in my cart, looked at them again, and put them back on the shelf. I am getting close to a purchase! I will keep you posted Smile
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Just look at the bright side Autumn. After you buy them, you get to pick one up and put it in the cage. They only wiggle a little. Smile
Where the magic begins
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Not to get the thread back on topic...but it is advertised by Fairchild & ProLine Magic.
magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
Saw it once and it looked good. It doesn't use a stake at the end does it?
they thought it was impossible until they met me.

theres no reality in magic

did the magician come before the assistant or the other way around.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Sorry Christopher, you had to see the other topic about mealworms to appreciate the comments. Back to the topic.
Where the magic begins
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
How much is this?

How does this compare to Dove Surprise Box?
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Its OK Dave, I forgot to add the Smile tongue in cheek. Smile

No, there is no stake through it. It appears to be a wooden box, just large enough for a dove, and after shoving the little critter into it, you take 2 little blades and dissect the box into thirds, and then the middle drops down.

No one here has commented on having seen it performed, and/or performing it themselves, which appeals to me as it may be something different to add to the act.

Chris
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I like the idea of zig-zag mealworms. Can a box be made small enough?
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
1378 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-07-17 17:26, Dave Scribner wrote:
Just look at the bright side Autumn. After you buy them, you get to pick one up and put it in the cage. They only wiggle a little. Smile

A barbecue skewer comes to mind. Maybe a pair of tongs or needle-nose pliers would be good to transport the gnarly being to his doom. Yak.

Not you, too, Spellbinder! Zig-zag mealworms? Will the mealworm torture never cease!

My apologies to Christopher Starr for the mealworm departure.
We now return to our normally scheduled topic: Zig-zag dove! Smile I wish I could help you on this topic but I have never seen the effect nor known anyone who owns the prop. It must be rather unique because no one seems to own it. If you get it, let us know what YOU think!
Doug Henning
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
465 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
OK, I own the ZIG ZAG Dove. I didn't buy it someone gave it to me kind of as a gift. Looks cool, built well and would love to use it but I still can't really figure out how to do it yet.
Here's why: you put the dove in the box. Then you have to some how get him to one s*** so you can put the blades in. Not really sure how to do this. I did put the blade in and put him in the one s*** just to see how it looked and when you drop down the middle showing the dove sawed in 3 his tail hangs out the bottom.
So if anyone else owns this and has any good ideas let me know.
Thanks
Shawn D
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
Frankly, I think the only person who is deceived by Zig Zag Dove is the magician who bought it.
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
465 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
LOL Good one Gordon.
Looks cool if was doable.Prop look great.Dove just don't want to Zig or Zag
Shawn D
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
712 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
I thinks the Dove Surprise Box plays well than the Zig Zag Dove. It's a small version of an origami box done with a dove of course. Then again, this is just my opinion.

Hey Gordon,

Thanks for making me laugh!

Sal
Salamangka in Filipino means "Magic"
http://www.thechubstershow.com
thechubstershow@gmail.com
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi Sal Smile great to see you here Smile

I own the Zig Zag dove & performed it a while....looks a little tight & uncomfortable for the birD(MY PERSONAL VIEW)....not mentioning the audience looks uncomfortable if the doves is hurt too....so I decided to sell away.

I belive there are currently 4 versions....by Tora(Iran),Fairchild, Proline & Amos Levkovitch(build by Mike Elkan)....I personally understand the latter is the first who came out with the first version & endorse by Mark Wilson & the late Billy Combo....also the only one with the video explanation.

Hope this helps Smile
JY
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
My personal view again..., 'Removing' the dove head out & putting back on again is a killer & is easier with no prop to carry....as compared with Zig Zag Smile
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
712 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
Hi Dove-Boy,

Nice to see you here too. Is it really uncomfortable for the dove when you use the zig zag dove effect? I also like the decapitated dove effect, which I often use in my show.

What do you think about Tora's Dove Surprise Box? If thinking of purchasing it...

Sal
Salamangka in Filipino means "Magic"
http://www.thechubstershow.com
thechubstershow@gmail.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Zig Zag Dove (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL