The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Schoolcraft difference? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Can someone please tell me the difference between the Expanded Shell set Jamie sells, to the Dean Dill Expanded Shell set he sells. There is quite a difference in price, and I was wondering what major difference makes it warrant the difference

Thanks
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Aaron Moring
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
165 Posts

Profile of Aaron Moring
The Dean Dill sets are non-expanded. Each of the inserts are turned down (so they are perfectly circular) and remilled so that they are all the same size (no minor variances as in regular coinage).
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
So none of the four are normal sized dollars? Can the shell fit over any of the coins in the Deans set?
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
Rustington, South Coast, UK
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
I don't own a set but I know someone who does. the shell covers almost all the nested coin. and the website says they are remilled. I own the lassen expanded shell and didn't see much difference but maybe that's just me. for what it's worth the lassen shell is real nice. even when it upside down with a coin in it... hope that makes sense.
Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
Rustington, South Coast, UK
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
Huh, I never noticed the dean set was not expanded. good thing I didn't try jamming my regular morgans in there.
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
The difference is this.

The Deans Set shell is only slightly expanded, this is to cut down on distortion.

Additionally the shell is remilled to make for easier edge gripping or palming/purse palming.

The shell fits over perfectly remilled coins... Because every coin is remilled they
are all the exact same size and make a perfect fit it the shell.

If you look as a nested shell from the side you cannot even tell it is a shell nested on a coin it looks as though it is a single coin.

And if you are looking at a tabled coin and a tabled shell it would be very difficult tell the difference.

The only down fall is the set will only work with cut down coins, so if you loose a coin you need to get another made. I say it is worth the trade off.

Great set and worth the extra money.

Shawn
Shawn.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Why don't you as the suppliers???? http://www.deandill.com and email him. Don't take someone else's word for it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
GWSchott
View Profile
Veteran user
Southeastern Michigan
361 Posts

Profile of GWSchott
Anyone know the turnaround for schoolcraft coins that aren't custom made?
Yours In Magic,
Gordon
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Everything is basicly custom... I would assume he has little in stock...

Give him a call... Or e-mail him.

Last time I spoke with him he quoted 3 weeks...

Shawn.
Shawn.
magicforu
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of magicforu
I just received coins from Jamie, he never disappointed me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Schoolcraft difference? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL