The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Criss Angel - Storm Drain illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
robertk4you
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of robertk4you
This is just one big amazing illusion.How he did it,i have no idea.There is no way,it is camera tricks of any kind,because you can see the same surroundings,before and after the trick.Just see for yourself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOBYYrGB8......%20angel
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
If fact it's just the opposite. It IS a camera trick and the evidence is right in front of your eyes. Look at it again!

Its not hard to figure out if you have any experience with forced perspective camera shots.

Best,

Tim
robertk4you
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of robertk4you
I am not sure,what your talking about.In which point on this video,you see video editing?
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
There's no editing, just creative use of the camera. I'm sure Alfred Hitchcock could spot the method if he were alive today.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
robertk4you
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of robertk4you
CAn you be more specific,pr send me pm,on how this trick works? was there a drain,before this trick? Surroundings looks the same.
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
The Café is not the place to be asking for/fishing for secrets. I feel that Tim and I have been fair in providing enough hints towards the methodology, without exposing anything, that if you were interested in learning how this effect is accomplished you would be capable of researching it.

However, rest assured that had you been there, you would have seen exactly how the effect worked. In fact, even IF you were in the exact position of the camera, the nature of the human eye would not allow you to fall for this effect. In the film world, this would count as a 'practical effect' or a 'special effect' since editing did not contribute to the effect generated.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
Jonathan Kelly
View Profile
Regular user
Waterford, Ireland
156 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Kelly
That is most unimpressive I must say.
"But where did the lighter fluid come from?"
-=Ralph=-
View Profile
Regular user
New York
111 Posts

Profile of -=Ralph=-
Quote:
On 2006-07-16 03:07, NFox wrote:
The Café is not the place to be asking for/fishing for secrets. I feel that Tim and I have been fair in providing enough hints towards the methodology, without exposing anything, that if you were interested in learning how this effect is accomplished you would be capable of researching it.

However, rest assured that had you been there, you would have seen exactly how the effect worked. In fact, even IF you were in the exact position of the camera, the nature of the human eye would not allow you to fall for this effect. In the film world, this would count as a 'practical effect' or a 'special effect' since editing did not contribute to the effect generated.

Nick Fox

Very well said Smile
SamanZerin
View Profile
Regular user
Europe
197 Posts

Profile of SamanZerin
Dear My Magician Friends,

Don't ever tell anybody magic secrets in this forum or anyplace else.
But the Storm Drain Illusion is not a magic trick. Sorry Criss!
The secret is in the hand of the cameraman and not in the magician...

Warmest Regards,
Saman Zerin
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
I had to watch twice. At first I was like - um who cares. then he rolls up the cap. Pretty cool.
Fun with a camera. I'll post an example of this soon - We filmed an illusion with a camera that uses force perspective with stage magic about a year back.
robertk4you
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of robertk4you
If any of you will know the secret,you would at least pm me.I searched term" force perspective",and none of the things describe,under this word,matches the effect shown on this video.He is standing at the same spot,at all times.
The only explanation is,that the drain is where the camera is standing,and drain"poster" is fake,its like the camera is pushed back,so viewers wont see the real one,but watching the sides,and that white square shadow behind him,theres no way,this could happen.I really would like,someone to pm me,and explain me,how this is done.thank you
Sandwichical
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix
134 Posts

Profile of Sandwichical
Somebody told me about it before I saw it. My expectations were too high. I was disapointed, but I thought it was a cute little bit, but not very hard to figure out. I still highly respect the guy. This is still the kind of stuff I'd like to do more of.
-Sandwich
To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave.
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
It's easy to figure out, just a camera trick. I still give him credit for coming up with it though. I haven't seen it done before and they made it look good.
-Tyler
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
Robertk4you : Stop asking. We all just told you. Cant get more specific than this.
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
Robert, The Magic Café is not the place to come in and ask about secrets. Especially not this part of the Café. Watch very closely at the drain and its surroundings. You´ll get it eventually.

I don´t know if this actually counts as a magic trick. Maybe TV magic would be more suited. No, there is no camera editing. Still I liked the idea
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2006-07-16 13:23, Tyler_Magician wrote:
It's easy to figure out, just a camera trick. I still give him credit for coming up with it though. I haven't seen it done before and they made it look good.
-Tyler

Yes it was pretty clever. I'd give it high marks if not for that BAAAADDDD acting..." Oh Oh... I need a massage..." LOL

Best,

Tim
Pal Bodnar
View Profile
Regular user
Playa del Carmen, MX
112 Posts

Profile of Pal Bodnar
Cool idea, but not so imperssive becouse you can figure out easily... Anyway 5/3...

Regards,

Paul

PS:I don't like DVD magic... anybody can do it if he/she has the money for a good cameraman team...
Pal Bodnar - In Magic We Trust
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
I thought that it was original. True, it will end up being a "throw away" thing that he did for tv, but it played well, the average viewing public was probably entertained, so Criss Angel scores again.

I think that a lot of people's opinions of Mr. Angel's effects would change to that of a bit more understanding, if they had to meet the production schedule that he has to pull these things off.

Was it something that we can run out and buy from the magic shop? No.

Is it anything that Criss will do again. No.

But it was a quick, mystifying bit of tv viewing (for regular people)...and robertk4you! Smile
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
I would like to say one thing here: NOTHING BEAT`S LIVE MAGIC!!!
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2006-07-16 15:22, Christopher Starr wrote:
I think that a lot of people's opinions of Mr. Angel's effects would change to that of a bit more understanding, if they had to meet the production schedule that he has to pull these things off.

I can certainly understand the need to fill the airtime with effects. I don't fault Criss for this. If you see the MindFreak series end it will be because Criss is sick of trying to ( or can't ) keep it fresh with new illusions. I suspect this will happen before ratings drop.

I'll be glad when we get back to live magic. I'll be expecting a heck of a live show from Criss when MindFreak ends. He'll have lots of bucks now to stage some large scale illusions. It'll be interesting to see what he does then.

Best,

Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Criss Angel - Storm Drain illusion (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL