The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Appearing Canes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rob Pond
View Profile
Regular user
Scott, OH
156 Posts

Profile of Rob Pond
At the moment I am using a Fantasio appearing cane in my act. I need it to open out of "thin air", but it is very loud when I do this. Does anyone know how to fix this?
I am also thinking about switching to metal canes and I wondered if they would help fix the problem.
I need my metal canes to be different colar(RED), and I need the appearing ones to be capible of colar changes. I would also need them in Vanishing canes too. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone knew about any canes that would work like I need them to.
Rob Pond
jenna
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of jenna
Plastic canes are much less noisey than metal canes. The best thing that I can think of is to put a special effect noise of some sort in your music track at the moment that the cane appears. This will be of great help to mask the noise.
Rob Pond
View Profile
Regular user
Scott, OH
156 Posts

Profile of Rob Pond
Jenna, that is what I was thinking of doing, but I don't like how wobbly the cane is, and everyone says that metal canes are a lot stiffer. Thanks for the idea.
Rob Pond
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22042 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have never known Fantasio Canes to be loud! Metal canes open with a snap sound. This does not have to be covered, as my thinking is, how would a stick that magically appears out of thin air that breaks the sound barrier sound when it became visible. Whooosh!!!

You could make the sound with a bingo cap device if you which. Bang and it appears.

Colored canes can be gotten from Hocus-Pocus Magic on the internet.

I do not know of any canes that appear and change color. Fantasio make Vanishing canes that change color but not appearing. You can use metal vanishing canes to change color the same as fantasio's.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Rob Pond
View Profile
Regular user
Scott, OH
156 Posts

Profile of Rob Pond
Bill,
Thank you for the advice and new reasoning. I never thought of it that way. I will look the canes up at Hocus-Pocus. I will PM you explaining how you can make the appearing canes change color.
Thanks again,
Rob Pond
Rob Pond
View Profile
Regular user
Scott, OH
156 Posts

Profile of Rob Pond
I looked at those canes at Hocus-Pocus, but they don't have any vanishing canes to match. Does anybody know where to find appearing and vanishing metal canes in multiple colors?
Rob Pond
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I just got back from SAM where I had a long conversation with Mehko Tendo. He was making Vanishing Canes that were colored (and sold by Hocus Pocus) but the paint did not hold up. He admits he made a mistake. His appearing canes are alright in the colors though.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2006-07-17 16:22, wmhegbli wrote:
I have never known Fantasio Canes to be loud! Metal canes open with a snap sound. This does not have to be covered, as my thinking is, how would a stick that magically appears out of thin air that breaks the sound barrier sound when it became visible. Whooosh!!!

That's right.

I've owned and used them all from Fantasio to Russ Walsh but no longer have a place for canes in my act as they don't fit my character. Loved doing a silk to cane with a Walsh work of art and my triple color change was one of my favorite challenges. Sure will love them all forever and maybe some day we'll meet again. Keep up the great work with canes - I love them!

Fantasio canes make less noise than metal sworn by pros but the noise, either way, is never a consideration or problem for the Pro using them.

Believe it or not, if you watch the Steve Emporium's video on Shimada's Doves, Shimada himself says he MUST here the loud *SNAP* of the cane or he feels he didn't do it right. Yes that is exactly what he says while discussing his dove on cane production! Neat.

So here's to you and welcome to Rancho Relaxo....*SNAP*!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Appearing Canes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL