The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin reproductions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Noel D
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Noel D
I'm putting together a one coin routine, and to my suprise, this problem came up.

I know a bunch of vanishes, btu not too many ways to reproduce a coin.

I simply don't think pulling a coin out of your elbow makes sense, and pulling it out of the air only works o-so many times.

Besides teh l'homme masque, are there any other good ways to reproduce a coin people could recommend?
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
854 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
You can reproduce them from your clothing, your mouth, spec's clothing, spec's watch (after having loaded), etc...

One of my favourites is making a coin jump from a spec's hand to his watch, for instance...

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
Noel D
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Noel D
Well, it's essentially a one coin flurry, but I want the reproductions to appen for a REASON, if that makes sense.

For example, there's one part where my hand is open, and I'm doing a coin roll with a coin. I put the coin in the left hand, look at my watch, then open the hand to show the coin is gone and my other hand is again coin rolling the coin.

Kind of like a quick back in time sequence.

Basically, you CAN vanish a coin and then find it in your knee, but why?

Since it's a silent piece, it kind of needs to speak for itself. Howevre, thank you for the suggestion. If anyone knows of a soure for coin REPRODUCTIONS, please post it up.

Thank you,
Noel DOminguez.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27183 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Reproduction: making more from some.

Interesting idea there.

As to making something disappear then reappear; to be entertaining it couldn't hurt to have some sort of motivation or process.

Have folks explored the "Free and Unlimited Coinage of Silver" from the Vernon Book of Magic?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10813 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
My personal favorite is to load a coin on some one and then some time later perform a trick have the coin vanish, only to have the spectator with the loaded coin find it in his pocket, or where ever
this is the ultimate best
IMO
the godfather
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
gene plampin
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of gene plampin
If you are doing this near a table, you could place the coin on the table and with good misdirection no one would notice until you brought their attention to it.

Gene
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27183 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2006-07-17 00:33, vinsmagic wrote:
My personal favorite is to load a coin on some one and then some time later perform a trick have the coin vanish, only to have the spectator with the loaded coin find it in his pocket, or where ever

A classic trick. Did you find this in Scot's Discoverie of Witchcraft?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
854 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Quote:
On 2006-07-17 00:33, vinsmagic wrote:
this is the ultimate best
IMO
the godfather

That's what I'm talking about... I do this all the time under their watch, in their breast pocket, or their shoulder. Sometimes I even load two or three coins on the same spec... I guarantee the result...

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
As a silent piece with no audience interation you still need to communicate with those watching.
It may be by using hand gestures, body language and facial expressions not unlike what mimes do.
Perhaps act surprised as Cardini did when cards suddenly appeared.
Act bewildered as if you've lost track of the coin and then reach out and reproduce it from somewhere.

The "sense" behind reproducing a coin from your elbow or knee is to entertain and have fun. I like reproducing it from my beard.

I'm not sure if the following will help but I look at it like this.
If the coin is borrowed or openly taken from your pocket then the "REASON" for reproducing from anywhere and after the flurry is to return it from whence it came. Spectator or pocket.

Now if the coin is magically produced, from apparently empty hands, then it has come from a mystical place and should be returned to that place via a complete vanish.

Good Luck,
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
729 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
I am partial to the vernon load... or l'masque load.

They are on the Roth tapes, check them out.

Shawn.
Shawn.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Jay Sankey's Revolutionary Coin Magic has some great coin reproductions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin reproductions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL