The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » What do you guys think? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Badger
View Profile
Elite user
Ireland
401 Posts

Profile of Badger
I have a gravity flipper coin from Todd Lassen. I have performed and played with this for about a year know. I have discovered that you can actually give this out for people to examine. They have never coped on that it is a trick coin. Off course when I had it to some one I make a comment like, ( My granddad gave this to me before he past away so please be careful with it etc…) a little suggestion goes a long way. When ever I look in my coin purse to get this coin I have telling the gaff from the real coins LOL yes it is that good.
Have any of you guys tried this?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
That's darn clever audience management. Boy, you Irish guys are SMART!

Christopher Kavanagh;-)
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
poprocz
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of poprocz
I try not to think, it gives me a headache. Btw, that is a darn good idea. I can just see people handling the coin so very gingerly. It's got to crack you up sometimes.
Mike T
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Mike T
Clever. Like it. Nuff Said.

:banana:
It's times like this I wish I'd listened to what my Grandad used to say...
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
I used to do a coin routine in restaurants, using well made gimmicks. My story was about a trick my grandfather showed me and I wanted to share it. I talked about the old "insert prop here" and they never really wanted to do more than look and admire it when offered to let them see it. Seems like this method completely disengages the thought of a gimmick, psychologically.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I have never tried that...but it is a great idea. Thanks for sharing it. It will be fun using it and watching the victim, er...spectator, handle the coin with care!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I suggest this strategy for ALL your special coins. If you treat them as precious, most folks will respect that.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mike T
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Mike T
Hey Badger, used your ploy on a spec handling my prediction watch - worked like a charm. Smile
It's times like this I wish I'd listened to what my Grandad used to say...
Frankm6
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Frankm6
Jonathan-

You must have some collection of coins...

Best,

--Frank
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Chalk this one up on the list with the other items that fall into the "Why didn't I think of that?" category!! Great suggestion! I can't wait to try this out for myself. Thanks Badger!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » What do you guys think? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL