The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » coin matrix /2000 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I just recently saw a demo coin matrix 2000 at the magic smith. The effect fooled me completely. I now know how the effectr was done , my question? Has any one else seen this or has any one did this effect in the real setting with out the dark backround.

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
grahamk5
View Profile
New user
Accra, Ghana (ex-London, UK)
89 Posts

Profile of grahamk5
Would be interested to know how you could do this as you suggest?!

Graham
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Not sure if you mean the "Matrix 2003" demo on magicsmith, but I wonder not only why the background is so dark but why the camera shoot is from directly above. I don't know for sure buy my guess is that there are two coins with one side of each being prepared in a way that makes them "invisible" when flipped over through the "black a--" principle. If this is true, I personally wouldn't buy it not because I figured out how it was done, but because it would be entirely impractical for my use professionally - - same as a 3-Card Monte now on the market.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
You might have figured it out but alot of laymen wouldn't think of Don D. and the principle involved. You would be surprised how many people you could fool with this. Smile Smile
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
thehawk, as I stated in my posting, my decision to not buy this effect has nothing to do with my ability to figure it out. Of course laymen don't know about "black a--." If it does work this way, I wouldn't buy it because it's not practical for professional use, meaning it's too dependent on lighting, and it might only look good if the audience was looking down on it the same way it was filmed which makes it not practical because no magician I know of performs on the floor. All of that being said, though, I have to tell you that even if the effect wasn't dependent on lighting and even if it was 100% practical in the real world, I still wouldn't buy it. I wouldn't use any matrix routine professionally because IMO none of them I've seen are as good as the coins across to spectator's hand routine I use and after all matrix is nothing more than a coins across routine (under cover of cards).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » coin matrix /2000 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL