The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » The Epitome of Chinese Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
Mask Changes
Costume Changes
Fan Manipulation
Parasol Productions

It's got it all! Amazing productions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbuu73Lde......magician

Derek Merdinyan
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Derek,

Thanks for sharing this with us. Do you know the name of the magician? I really like the style, color and costuming of the act and the heritage and stage choreography. Nicely done and very fun to watch. Thanks again.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Great when you have the assistants hand you all the loads and pull off all the waradrobe changes.... colorful for sure. Magical? Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2006-07-18 14:40, Pete Biro wrote:
Great when you have the assistants hand you all the loads and pull off all the waradrobe changes.... colorful for sure. Magical? Smile

It's never possible to fool the experienced old timers. Smile I really enjoyed the great costuming! No sound came through on this clip but the visual was great. As Pete said, not one of those acts you'll be pulling off "solo". Maybe that'll inspire someone to try! Smile
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
No need to go "solo"... after all it is a big production number.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Right you are Pete. Actually this production is very big having seen it again. I was more focused on the magician. Gee, the production is huge! Hehehehe.
magicsiow
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
102 Posts

Profile of magicsiow
Thanks for sharing. I m wondering beside of the huge production and man power. Was it a costume change with magical effect show or just like other dancer costume change on stage? what's the different? or just another expore costume change.... hehe!!!But, I like the colorful and speed.

TS
magicsiow
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
102 Posts

Profile of magicsiow
Oh! it was a Japan act not a chinese act, but it's appearance on taiwan tv channel. I know the host, she is from taiwan
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
It is true that to some effect it is not entirely magic, but its still cool!

Imagine making that into a FISM act, making the act atleast twice as long and flying all those people to the competition.

When I watched the video I noted all the chinese at the bottom but then noted that it also said Japan[ese] when it first showed the 'magician.'

Derek Merdinyan
maylor
View Profile
Loyal user
england
231 Posts

Profile of maylor
Is that magic then? Only the floating mask bit seemed magical to me.
SenseiStrange
View Profile
Veteran user
The Dead God's Dreams
345 Posts

Profile of SenseiStrange
I only watched it once, but I did not catch him loading umbrella after umbrella. (shouldn't the method revealing be kept to quiter forums Pete?) The floating mask was cool.

Also the posed to an magic uneducated mind is - how the heck does he get all those masks on and all those kiminos?

Definatly far more magical than most magicians I have seen. Sure there could have been more trickery, but it was cool.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Actually he caught me off guard with the mask. Nice.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2006-07-19 16:53, DerekMerdinyan wrote:

Imagine making that into a FISM act, making the act atleast twice as long and flying all those people to the competition.

Yeah that would be one ticked off group if they didn't win. Can you hear him now? "Whata ya mean the square circle guy takes FIRST!"
magicsiow
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
102 Posts

Profile of magicsiow
Quote:
On 2006-07-20 13:32, maylor wrote:
Is that magic then? Only the floating mask bit seemed magical to me.

this effect was done by jeff McBride and juliana chen sometime ago. nothing new
magicsiow
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
102 Posts

Profile of magicsiow
SenseiStrange.

maybe if you watch it again you will get it(don't try to catch it... hehe!)

With many assistance help, I really appreaciated they effort and teamwork. conclusion, accurate timing(teamwork,rehearsal...), effort(custom made costume and masks, umbrella...)was the mean point of success for his show. Can we all learn something from there?

TS
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Well maybe you were in the production magicsiow? Smile

I loved the entire production. Loved it. But then again I'm just a sucker for this sort of stuff.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » The Epitome of Chinese Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL