The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Holey Shirt - Review Request (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Just saw this on Hocus Pocus and wanted to know if anyone has purchased this and has any thoughts. Thanks
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
Sounds interesting
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Just ordered it and will review it when it arrives!
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......75&0

I think this is a review for what you are talking about???
CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
I think it's a different product.

You can find Holey Shirt here:
http://hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/product......tem=7318
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
Chichi I think it is a burnt and restored t-shirt on a spec. Thanks for the link anyway but this one sounds a little different. It does sound not to bad though so Basketboy can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

Jeff
Sandwichical
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix
134 Posts

Profile of Sandwichical
I'm curious about the resets in seconds part. It's a simple, classic affect.
-Sandwich
To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2006-07-19 08:17, jfkkraemer wrote:
Chichi I think it is a burnt and restored t-shirt on a spec. Thanks for the link anyway but this one sounds a little different. It does sound not to bad though so Basketboy can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

Jeff

Sorry about that.

Yes Holy Shirt does look interesting.
Sandwichical
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix
134 Posts

Profile of Sandwichical
Sorry, effect, not affect. Look up burnt and restored hankerchief (I know it's in Mulica's Expert impromptu DVD set) That is a more or less impromptu version, but not quickly resetable.
-Sandwich
To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
What so different about this?? I have been doing this since I first started in magic.

I am going to release a DVD called "The Super Vanishing Handkerchief". Two silks and the thing are included. Who's up for one? :/
Yours,

Ivan
ning
View Profile
New user
From Sunny Singapore!
89 Posts

Profile of ning
I don't quite understand... isn't this a very old classic, just like the arm twisting illusion? Smile Have you all seen the demo for this effect? Just IMHO, how many spectators would actually stand and simply let you burn a hole through their shirts? Maybe your friends, but real audience??? You must have super good presentation skills and a mega personality Smile And you definatly can't get away with it in Singapore. People would start screaming and mauling at you before you can even restore it.

My 2 cents (please don't hate me!)
Ning (^_^)/"
ning
View Profile
New user
From Sunny Singapore!
89 Posts

Profile of ning
Quote:
I am going to release a DVD called "The Super Vanishing Handkerchief". Two silks and the thing are included. Who's up for one? :/

LOL... Your very cute! Smile
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
I would think this wouldn't be a real problem to perform, I regulary vanish lit cigs in peoples shirts and they are expecting a burn or stain at least from the ashes. I wouldn't do it right off with your first effect but once you have some credebility you will be amazed what the audience will let you try in order to see something amazing.

Jeff
ning
View Profile
New user
From Sunny Singapore!
89 Posts

Profile of ning
Really? I cannot for the life of me imagine the audience here in Singapore being open enough to let a magician do that to their clothes Smile ...Anyways, I think Joe Russel seems to have so much potential, I just hope he'll come up with more original stuff in future though.

Ning Smile
Boat
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Boat
Ning, I think this would work because you do it gradually. That is you talk to a spectator, then you persuade them to let you grab a piece of the material of their shirt, and then you say you're going to show them an optical illusion.

I have studied NLP and know that once you have rapport with someone, you can do almost anything. From your previous actions and talk, they know you're not a crazy.

Best,

Al
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Wow, I don't think this is worth a DVD at all!
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Go grab some cloth (black or white), your trusty TT and you are ready to shock people. Then invest the money on another DVD (Justin Miller / Greg Wilson / sankey or whatever...)

I have been doing this for a long time. I have also used it with friends while eating out, using the cloth covring the table. I had waiters stop and stare. Smile
Yours,

Ivan
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I just now noticed that this is by the same guy who brought out Dis-Jointed. Now that was an effect worth putting out and my hats off for that.
Yours,

Ivan
Joe Russell
View Profile
Veteran user
Buffalo NY
397 Posts

Profile of Joe Russell
HEY EVERYONE!
I was hired by murphys to teach this effect on the DVD, I didn't come up with it or claim its a completly original idea. Murphys simply thought that the t shirt routine (as performed by a top ny magician) would have value to magicians who may not have been aware of the t shirt idea..or to how strong this effect can really be.
JR
Who is Tattoo Joe?
ning
View Profile
New user
From Sunny Singapore!
89 Posts

Profile of ning
Hey JR Smile

We know it's a classic. The demo for Holey Shirt could have been a bit more lively tho ... but that's just IMHO, it still is a visual illusion. I sincerely hope to see more visual street stuff from you JR. Many of my friends like your style of that arm twisting illusion, so Disjointed is doing very well here actually. I know a few who take it out to the streets!

Ning Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Holey Shirt - Review Request (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL