We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Finding Items (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eric Dittelman
View Profile
Regular user
Astoria, NY
179 Posts

Profile of Eric Dittelman
I'm having trouble finding a couple items. I checked all my local stores and don't think online is really necessary, but if anyone can help out...I really appreciate it.

I can't seem to find:
Cork - narrowed as to fit a zombie (The wine bottles I have are more cylindrical rather than conical)
Tailor's Cord

-Eric D.
View Profile
Elite user
The San Francisco Bay Area
429 Posts

Profile of calamari
I have found corks at five and dime style store like Walgreens etc.. in the past a bag of assorted sizes like you are looking for, you may want to try cooking supply stores. but if all else fails there is the "online"
"I came, I saw, SHE conquered." (The original Latin seems to have been garbled.)
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of RiserMagic
Check an ACE hardware store.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22506 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Corks can be gotten from most hardware stores. They have a special section for custom screws and fastners. They are usually in that section. They also have rubber corks like to seal a test tube which would work better then natural cork. Try Ace Hardware, it is the place.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2152 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Michaels Arts and Crafts carry the corks you need.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Eric Dittelman
View Profile
Regular user
Astoria, NY
179 Posts

Profile of Eric Dittelman
I've found the corks, but I'm still looking for tailor's cord.

I happen to lose my cord that came with Sankey's Leaving Home. If anyone can point me out in the right direction for a new one or a substitute rope/string that is just as slick let me know please!

-Eric D.
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Corks that are tapered are known, in the laboratory, as cork stoppers (instead of rubber stoppers) Any science/lab supply will have those.
Tailor's cord, is not a name I am familiar with, though, it sounds like a trip to the fabric store, or finding someone who does custom sewing- a Tailor, might be the way to go. From the description, this might be any of a number of sewing cordings used including the ones known as Rattail, Satin cord, Middy cord, etc. check the fabric store in the notions, and trims, ask the nice folks there to show you the thin cords until you see and feel the one that will work. Remember, you will likely have to dip the ends in white glue to keep them nice.
Kay and Tory
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Finding Items (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL