The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Hover Card Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Redsixer
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Redsixer
I have not been able to find Dan Harlans Hover Card available anywhere. So I downloaded the instructions from Ellusionist. I thought I would be able to construct the gimmick. I now know how it works, and after some attempts at the gimmick, I am having a couple of problems. Can someone who actually owns the Hover Card please PM me to help me through the rough spots.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
It's on Ellusionists web site, why didn't you buy it?
If you could find the instructions I'm sure you could find the effect.

The Café doesn't allow tipping marketed effects, it's made clear in the information you were suposed to read before signing onto the Café.

Buy one of Dan Harlan's Hover Cards and you'll have no need fishing for secrets.
bradchristian
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of bradchristian
What he's saying is they're not in stock anywhere.

Red - Dan Harlan has given Ellusionist rights to produce and distribute Hover Card. We'll be producing it in a variety of playing card designs soon, but it will be a couple of months before they're available again.

All the best,

Brad.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
I'm not sure I get the point of your post Brad, if something on Ellusionist is out of stock it's OK for folks on internet message board to tip the method or the construction?

What he's doing is asking somebody to PM him the secret on how to build and use the gimmick, and your post appears to be supporting that quest.
If he was just complaining that it was out of stock that would be fine, but he's added a bit more than that to his post, he's added a request for a PM with methods and construction information, something not supported by Café policy.

Maybe I'm just missing your point.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Did he not BUY the download? Then if so, and can prove it, why not help him?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I found this at the bottom of the Hover Card page:

"Only want the Movie?
Already own the Hover card but are having trouble learning how to perform it for an audience? Buy just the Training Video for $9.95 or get it in the Bundle seen above and save."

It looks to me like you still need to purchase the prop from somewhere. It seems that instructions to perform don't give permission to build your own.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Redsixer
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Redsixer
That's the point...its not available anywhere. I would buy it if I could. From the video I know the method used (its not like its rocket science), I just have some questions concerning the exact position of the gimmick.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2006-07-19 05:43, Redsixer wrote:
(its not like its rocket science), I just have some questions concerning the exact position of the gimmick.

That's the rocket science part... Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Am I on the right Café?

First the guy trolls for the method, then the rights holder of the trick comes online and says "it's OK, we're out of stock" then we get the typical excuses supporting why the original poster thinks it's OK to steal a method and make his own (the old standby, he knows how it's done).

Yeah, I guess it is the right Café after all!

Brad, I don't use the Ellusionist forums, do you actually let folks tip stuff?
In stock, out of stock.....do people talk about methods and construction of effects in your forums?
Redsixer
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Redsixer
Did you not read the part where I paid for the download that explains the method? Jees are you the police or what?
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Why don't you email Brad and talk directly to him about it insted of continuing to troll for the method here on the Café?
He owns the rights to the trick and has already posted to this thread.
Redsixer
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Redsixer
Why don't you go to another thread
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Hover Card Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL