The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Cigarette Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Eva
View Profile
Regular user
Magicienne
125 Posts

Profile of Eva
I am wondering how many magicians still perform cigarette magic. Although I don't smoke, I find it is never hard to find someone who does...and a lot of my friends smoke. (I also have a wooden feke cigarette I carry around sometimes) Here in England, smoking isn't viewed as so politically incorrect as it is in America, I believe.

I enjoy performing vanishes and mini-routines with people's smokes.

Is this area of magic dying out? I get some really good reactions from it, and once badly fooled a magician in a pub with some simple moves. (there is a lack of resources on cigarette magic...so it is not very exposed)

I believe it is perfect for impromptu work.

Does anyone else perform cigarette magic 'at a moment's notice'?

Eva
"Believe it, or believe it not!" ~ Manuel Muerte

(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Absolutely! I still do impromptu cigarette magic and as long as there are cigarettes around I will.

It's a good idea to be able to do impromptu or apparent impromptu magic with a lot of different and common things that can be borrowed or found in your evironment.
lylaster
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
197 Posts

Profile of lylaster
Vanishing a lit cig via TT has always gotten some of my strongest reactions.

I'm in the process of learning bad habit which uses a quarter and a cigarette box.
eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
Besides vanishing and reproducing the cigarette, are there any other effects that can be done with it?
The only other one I know of is Torn & Restored Cigarette, which isn't exactly impromptu
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3589 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Being a rather rabid non-smoker myself (allergies will do that to a person), I do both the Slydini T&R cig and the Bertram psychological T&R versions, the push-in vanish, as well as a couple of others and the classic TT, of course, but almost never do that one, simply because it seems that the whole world knows it.

Cig Thru Quarter still kills, too, folks. Even unlit.

And some of the old "breath" moves can still fool people, if done carefully.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
frenchmagi
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of frenchmagi
Does anyone know of any dvds out there that teach cigarette magic...besides Stone's out smoking??
One Man
View Profile
Elite user
Frederick, MD
491 Posts

Profile of One Man
Expert Cigarette Magic by Tom Mullica.

Also there is a great T&R Cigarette wrapper that I was taught as a bar bet many years ago.

You break the seal on the bottom of a pack of cigarettes and then magically restore it. No extra pieces or sleight of hand.

If I can make it to 50 posts and I can describe it in the Secret Sessions or PM me for details.

Kevin
Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
Tom Mullica's tapes are incredible. I do a variation of his Nicotine Nincompoop routine whereby I 'eat' six cigarettes. It gets a fantastic response everytime I perform it. He aslo shows a very clever vanish without a TT, so that you can have it reappear in your mouth.
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Romania
1342 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Tom Mullica's stuff is awesome.
I don't think cigarette magic is fading. I love it and I will never stop performing it.

-Matt

p.s. and I love smoking Smile
Your One Stop Booze Abusing Comedy Magic Show!
adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
There's a vid of Criss Angel doing some cigarette magic on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0keGHHtu......%20ANGEL
Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
That's straight off of Mullica's tapes. But still good.
Batty
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Batty
Does anybody know any substitutes for cigarettes that are normal everyday items? I've been interested in cigarette magic, but I am underage and don't know what I would practice on, and I don't really want to include cigarettes, because I perform many of my tricks at school.
Eva
View Profile
Regular user
Magicienne
125 Posts

Profile of Eva
Batty..........try short pencils.

Eva

(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13139 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Batty:

I use crayons.

Tony
Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
Quote:
On 2006-07-21 14:01, Eva wrote:
Batty..........try short pencils.

Eva

Yeah, those golf pencils are just about the right size and feel. As I'm not underage, I roll my own cigs. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than buying Luckys. I can go through loads of them practicing.
Batty
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Batty
Ok. Thanks. I have Now You See it Now you Don't and it had some cigarette magic and sleights that I've been wanting to try out.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Candy sticks?
Mini Sharpie Markers?

I've even done some basic cig moves with BIC lighters and glue sticks.

Enjoy
Eva
View Profile
Regular user
Magicienne
125 Posts

Profile of Eva
Quote:
On 2006-07-21 18:30, Batty wrote:
I have Now You See it Now you Don't and it had some cigarette magic and sleights that I've been wanting to try out.

Bill Tarr's book was my first sleight of hand book, and is excellent! Have fun with it!

Jaz, I sometimes do some effects with lighters too. The ones with little designs or logos on one side are especially fun. I borrowed a lighter from a biker once that had a metal skull engraved on one side. Had lots of fun with that one.

(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
frenchmagi
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of frenchmagi
Is it me, or is it practically impossible to find those Mullica DVDs? I can't seem to find a dealer that sells all three volumes...
Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
Tom sells them on his website, though I'm not sure if he has the dvd yet.

http://www.skeltontribute.com/webdoc5.htm
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Cigarette Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL